11-18-2011 10:35 PM
53 123
tools
    No one is buying this phone excited about GB, and if Motorola didn't announce ICS in a "short" while it would have lost a LOT of buyers.
    And if ICS wasn't on the near horizon the Razr sales would be triple what they are now. It's all relative.

I understand the complaints about Moto, but many Sammy owners are as upset with their phones as you are with Moto.

Sent from my Droid, the only mobile OS that matters.
    jroc likes this.
    11-18-2011 08:47 PM
    And if ICS wasn't on the near horizon the Razr sales would be triple what they are now. It's all relative.

I understand the complaints about Moto, but many Sammy owners are as upset with their phones as you are with Moto.

Sent from my Droid, the only mobile OS that matters.
    Yep I was at the store the other day getting my Rezound and this guy really let into the sales rep about how he felt about having a newer phone than his Bionic
    11-18-2011 08:53 PM
    I think it can be an issue. Especially with Motorola and their history of buggy software updates. No one is buying this phone excited about GB, and if Motorola didn't announce ICS in a "short" while it would have lost a LOT of buyers. It's well known that Motorola is putting out buggy junk. Case in point; the previous posters issues with his Droix X with GB. My issues with a Droid 2 and Droid 2 Global (more different than I had orginally thought - they are not the same phone or very similar other than looks - both use different software). The Droid 3 was released with tons of bugs that required a bug fix. The Droid Bionic was released with so many bugs they had to release a push update for IT as well. So maybe with other manufacturers it's not so much of concern, but it is or should be with Motorola's past history.

If you're Motorola phone works fine, great. But seeing first hand what poor software this company is putting out makes it a concern for anyone who's dealth with their bugs. The Droid RAZR offers something you can't get anywhere else - the super slim case. The Droid 4 is going to offer a QWERTY keyboard with a "slimmer" case then the Droid 3 and QWERTY keyboard with LTE, which is rare on a keyboard phone. I would never have bought a Motorola again, or even considered them, but Samsung decieded to put out the Stratosphere QWERTY LTE phone with a single core processor. And I'll be damned if I get stuck with that for the next 2 years. My worry is if I go with Motorola again I'll be stuck with nothing for part of those two years.
    When you say ALOT.....do you mean alot of general public buyers or alot of forum buyers....cuz I can guarantee you the vast majority of the general public dont know the different versions of the Android OS. Most know different features, not the OS itself. Flash? Most just know that it can be used on an Android phone...not that before Froyo the most you could get was Flash Lite on select phones.

My gf can represent the general public. She loves my Droid X1 and RAZR to death.....she couldnt tell you what a Froyo was if her life depended on it.To her Gingerbread is something you eat...as is Ice Cream Sandwich. Ask her whats the differences between the 3, what she likes about either one the most and she would die of old age before she could give you the answer.

I can put on SPB Shell 3D and she would probably think thats ICS if I told her ICS is a software update for my phone...

And about buggy junk....please dont tell my Samsung puts out perfection, HTC too. They ALL have issues.
    YourMobileGuru likes this.
    11-18-2011 10:35 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD