headphone whine?

milkshed27

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I went into Verizon today with some headphones but there was too much ambient noise so I wasn't able to tell. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring some in ear monitors which would have helped. The good news is I was able to hear the whine on the Bionic even with the ambient noise but no noise on the RAZR. However, I wouldn't say for sure the RAZR doesn't suffer from the same problem until I can use it in a quieter environment.

Reactions: AeroEngi

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
So you are saying worst case scenario it's at least not nearly as bad IF present at all?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

milkshed27

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
So you are saying worst case scenario it's at least not nearly as bad IF present at all?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Correct. I will try and go back either tomorrow or the next day with some headphones better suited to a noisy environment.

milkshed27

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I went into Verizon again today with some in ear monitors. I tested 3 phones by playing music and lowering the volume all the way and also by changing the ringer volume. Note: Clicks when music started playing/paused and when changing ringer volume were audible on all 3 phones.

First up was my own OG Droid. I noticed no high pitched sound, only a slight hiss which as I recall has always been present. No big deal whatsoever. Second I tested the Bionic. Needless to say, it failed miserably. I still can't believe this slipped by QC. Third, I went for the RAZR. Good news! No high pitched noise! All I was able to hear was a slight hiss and a tiny bit of crackling almost like a needle on a record with no music.

So, I can confirm that in the test unit at my local Verizon, the RAZR has NO headphone whine. All that was audible was a normal hiss that can be heard on every smartphone I've owned/tested. I'd say if the Bionic was a 10 in audible noise the RAZR would have to be a 2 or 3. Remember, I tested this with in ear headphones, so if you're going to be using over the ear headphones or some buds, the noise will probably be even less audible. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: jroc and AeroEngi

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance