What accessories are you getting?

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I think this will be the first time I actually don't get any accessories come friday. I noticed verizon has the shell/holster which has always been nice up here:
Set Your Location

They also have the otterbox commuter which seems like a better option for protection here:
Set Your Location

Main reason I am getting this phone is for its size and thinness... I honestly think I will not use a case with this one.

Edit: stupid verizon links, but you get the idea.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
HD dock, Bluetooth keyboard, Smart Controller, and 50/50 on the car dock...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
2 x desktop dock, 1 x car dock, 1 x Lapdock 500 Pro.

I went hog wild bought and bought docks for all my cars when the X came out, but I only use it in one of them so I've since saved myself the expense of all the docks. The lapdock will more than make up for that...LOL.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Standard desktop dock and Lapdock 500. I used to buy car docks but there never was a point since I have built in navigation.

yoopermjm

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Ordered the Lapdock 500 but they said it would slow my phone delivery so it has been cancelled. I still think I'll get it, turns the phone into a pretty solid workstation for my needs.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Standard desktop dock and Lapdock 500. I used to buy car docks but there never was a point since I have built in navigation.

Precisely why I don't use it in my other two vehicles.

That, and let's face it...it's a little tacky.

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Car dock and the $60 hd dock. Why would I want a $100 dock with 3 usb in it when I can use a bluetooth keyboard? And for xmas the smart controller

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Man you guys are all about the docks. I am going to have to check them out...

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
At a minimum, when I purchase the phone I will leave with some sort of holster or case, or possibly both if they have a molded rubber case that fits in a holster. That would be great! I'm hoping Motorola has made some nice holsters & cases.

Later on I will probably pick up that HD dock and the car mount. As long as they aren't really expensive. $25 for each is reasonable.

I'm hoping my OG wall charger and car charger will fit with this so I don't have to buy and extra AC charger which I would like to have. It's the same port right?

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
At a minimum, when I purchase the phone I will leave with some sort of holster or case, or possibly both if they have a molded rubber case that fits in a holster. That would be great! I'm hoping Motorola has made some nice holsters & cases.

Later on I will probably pick up that HD dock and the car mount. As long as they aren't really expensive. $25 for each is reasonable.

I'm hoping my OG wall charger and car charger will fit with this so I don't have to buy and extra AC charger which I would like to have. It's the same port right?

The shell/holster combo that is available for most all phones will be available. It is pretty nice, I used one with my droid X and thunderbolt. I think I might get the otterbox commuter.

I would doubt the docks will be that cheap. Expect $100 for the fancy dock, maybe $80 for the standard dock. Check out this vid from XDA:
Motorola DROID RAZR boasts a ton of accessories - SlashGear

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
The shell/holster combo that is available for most all phones will be available. It is pretty nice, I used one with my droid X and thunderbolt. I think I might get the otterbox commuter.

I would doubt the docks will be that cheap. Expect $100 for the fancy dock, maybe $80 for the standard dock. Check out this vid from XDA:
Motorola DROID RAZR boasts a ton of accessories - SlashGear

Awesome, thanks. Yeah if I like what I see in the shell/holster combo as far as quality and durability, I'll jump on it. I do love Otterbox, but I imagine that one of their shells or holsters would make the Razr not so sleek and thin anymore. Probably would kill the nice stand-out design.

That HD dock he showed in that video looks awesome!! I think even if it's upwards of $80 I'd get it. I can think of so many uses for that dock.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Laptop dock. Holster. Maybe a car dock. Wish they came out with some kind of holster/case with built in battery.

You mean like a case that had an extra battery built in and then the phone clicks into it and charges off the other battery? That's actually a neat idea. It could be like an emergency charge up. But, not sure if it's practical. The other battery wouldn't be able to send it's power into the phone.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
You mean like a case that had an extra battery built in and then the phone clicks into it and charges off the other battery? That's actually a neat idea. It could be like an emergency charge up. But, not sure if it's practical. The other battery wouldn't be able to send it's power into the phone.

They have these for the iPhone. I'm sure it could be done for this phone.

My business partner uses one from a company called "Mophie" (I think that's what it is).