Battery life thread

milkshed27

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Annoyed that even with battery indicator app the % is by tens (which is weird since on my charge it went by ones). I am anal and like knowing the exact charge left! Admittedly, battery has been better on wifi than charge on wifi. That's great news for me!

Try Battery Indicator Pro or Battery Circle for 1% increment pull-down/taskbar menu battery meters.

Circle Battery Widget or Minimalist Text will also give you 1% increments but are widgets so they'll take up space on your home screen.

Reactions: whiteltng

milkshed27

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. But i'm using the same app I had on my charge. Isn't that weird?

Hmm, that is weird. Is it possible for you to try one of the apps I mentioned to see if they will give you 1% increments? Battery Circle is quick to set up and free. Would suck if it wasn't possible even with a third party app. :-\

Reactions: delco714

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
It's nice to see some REAL reviews on battery life. Not the mystery ones we've been "hearing" about.

I also like that we have the option of using 3G or 4G. I don't see a problem with that. More options are better when it comes to that. Until 4G is as prominent as 3G, I want that option in the OS to turn on and off 4G.

eagle63

May 7, 2010
Visit site
It's nice to see some REAL reviews on battery life. Not the mystery ones we've been "hearing" about.

Maybe I missed it, but I haven't seen anyone in this thread give any datapoints with 4g turned on all day. I can only assume that means it's probably petty bad? ( like every other lte phone)

clackout

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Can new owners please post 4G only battery life ? It seems like the 3G battery life is very good.

I opened my razr at 1pm and it had 40%. I did all the set up. Downloaded all my apps . Talked some. Lots of emails. Played about three hours of games and turned the phone off at at 11pm and had the brightness up all the way and had 4g on. At 11 it had 20% left. So for me it seems to be really good.

Reactions: milkshed27

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, that is weird. Is it possible for you to try one of the apps I mentioned to see if they will give you 1% increments? Battery Circle is quick to set up and free. Would suck if it wasn't possible even with a third party app. :-\

Battery circle did it! Thanks! Now I can get a much better feel for the usage.

ishore99

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

I also like that we have the option of using 3G or 4G. I don't see a problem with that. More options are better when it comes to that. Until 4G is as prominent as 3G, I want that option in the OS to turn on and off 4G.

Also when in a 3G area you can turn off the 4G so that the radio does not consume battery in searching for a 4G network.

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried under-clocking the processor with Smart Actions?

I'm theorizing you need SetCPU (or similar) to do that -- which also means rooting the phone. It's on my list to do today or this weekend. But I'm looking forward to messing with Smart Actions in general!

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Excuse me for sounding like a pessimist but whats the point of having a 4G phone if you have to turn off the 4G?

This is why I am not switching to a 4G device in the immediate future. When they can give me 10+ hours on a 4G connection then I will make the switch.

I don't have a razr but the point from me would be there are no 3g phones that I like more.

Reactions: hurld

wlawyer

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a razr but the point from me would be there are no 3g phones that I like more.
I think of it as why would you not want the option? A car can get better gas mileage at 55 than at 80 but I want the option to go either. There are tradeoffs in either choice but the choice is there. With needing two radios for 4g phones right now you are not going to eliminate that cost in battery life. I am sure they will solve it but I am guessing sometime next year, and by then I will want a new phone anyway.

CutiePye79

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
It charged all night. I started out with wifi from 5 to 6 and I had 4g on 6 am to 7 pm. Granted, it occassionally went to 3g, I did not manually change it. I mostly did browsing and setting up the phone. Not many phone calls, lots of app downloads, bluetooth, and a few texts. At 7 pm, I had 10%. Not bad considering I have not set any power settings or reduced display brightness and it pushed my e-mails (I got 50 today!).Portable USB charger is increasing battery 10% every 30 min.

Chadwick17

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I charged the phone overnight. Was on WiFi from 6:30am to 8:00am. 4G from 8:00am to 6:00pm. Sent a bunch of texts, browsing on the web, took some video, several pictures and streamed podcasts and music off and on throughout the day. At 6:00pm it had just hit 20%

What should be noted is how incredibly fast this phone charges when plugged into a wall outlet. I let the phone drop to 10% and it took a little less than an hour and a half to get back to fully charged.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Thank you everyone for more detailed battery reviews. Looks like this battery is indeed holding up well, even with 4G. Don't think I'll be disappointed. Considering my original battery from my OG Droid is still kicking. And lately I have to charge it twice a day with regular to heavy use. And with the AC wall charger, it takes about 50 min. to an hour to charge. Just to put things in perspective, I think that's pretty good for the RAZR.

azhalvy13

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm experiencing horrible battery life too. Full charged over night, woke up, unplugged phone. Used it for about 10 minutes checking email, installed an app, read the news...put it down.

So, used it for 10 minutes, set it down. An hour later I check the phone, it's already down to 85% battery...that seems excessive drain.

I'm coming from an iPhone and I gotta say, as much as I hated the iPhone the battery was never an issue. (never going back to iphone....bad experiment haha)

Everyone keeps saying "turn off the 4g" to improve battery life....What's the point of having it if we have to turn it off to get good battery life? (btw, i have 4g in my area) I really love this phone but if I have to turn off a bunch of it's features (ie: lower screen brightness, turn off 4g, etc) then it's like the features don't exist...

frustrated.......:'(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv