Battery life thread

AeroEngi

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for starting this thread; I was just thinking about creating it myself.

Something I'm curious about...I understand the battery life is less than satisfactory from reading all the reviews but they only mention how the battery life is with 4G. For anyone who is willing to try this out, how is the battery life when you only have 3G on and only use 4G when you really need to download big files and stream videos?

Thanks.

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I've been playing around with the one our VZW rep has (he's been sporting it for 2.5 weeks as a test mule, from what I understand), and after a 10.5hr. day of sporting 3G, talking, browsing, and texting like a mofo... and only using 4GLTE to dl 5 apps... I was left 1/4 battery. For me that's great! :cool:

AeroEngi

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I've been playing around with the one our VZW rep has (he's been sporting it for 2.5 weeks as a test mule, from what I understand), and after a 10.5hr. day of sporting 3G, talking, browsing, and texting like a mofo... and only using 4GLTE to dl 5 apps... I was left 1/4 battery. For me that's great! :cool:

Oh ya dude, you can't ask for more than that. That's definitely more than decent battery life in my opinion. Thanks.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I hope it lasts in 4G for the day if used minimally. I always have access to a charger, but it would be nice. In other words, no firmware like the Thunderbolts MR1...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

AeroEngi

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Yep... I was quite happy with the results. And I'll be even happier as soon as I get my D R tomorrow afternoon! :D

I don't think I've ever been so excited to get a new phone lol. Less than 24 hours to go! I can't wait!!!

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

sponge60

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I fully charged mine after I got it yesterday. Then on to importing contacts, transferring 2 gigs of music, playing some songs, importing a few megs of photos, syncing 3 email accounts, a load of texts, 6 phone calls and downloaded lots of apps in a mixture of 3G and wi-fi. That was about 6 hours worth. I put it back on the charge for overnight at about 50 percent. I'm new to droid, so I was probably pushing buttons and opening up things more than once while I learn. I'm happy with the battery, but expected no less as it is brand new. My Black berry battery would have played out completely doing that stuff. One point though is that the music transfer from my lap top was done with USB, so I assume it may have been given a little boost to the battery instead of a drain.

Reactions: Bond32

Rich Coralli

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I notice the MUCH better battery life is on 3G, to summarize all comments. Please continue to post real life battery experiences. Thank you all

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
That's pretty good results. We should make a thread after release to post good smart actions.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Reactions: AeroEngi

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Day 2. 10 hours so far today. Lots of texts, a few emails read. Downloaded a few apps, took some pics and talked several minutes. Showed it off in the Verizon store. (That was kinda fun) and now at 60%.

Using 4G all the time or turning it on and off? Have you set up anything on Smart Actions?

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Excuse me for sounding like a pessimist but whats the point of having a 4G phone if you have to turn off the 4G?

This is why I am not switching to a 4G device in the immediate future. When they can give me 10+ hours on a 4G connection then I will make the switch.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Excuse me for sounding like a pessimist but whats the point of having a 4G phone if you have to turn off the 4G?

This is why I am not switching to a 4G device in the immediate future. When they can give me 10+ hours on a 4G connection then I will make the switch.

Good to see another cigar smoker on here.

milkshed27

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Day 2. 10 hours so far today. Lots of texts, a few emails read. Downloaded a few apps, took some pics and talked several minutes. Showed it off in the Verizon store. (That was kinda fun) and now at 60%.

Thanks. That sounds damn good. If you don't mind checking, can you list a few of the top battery drains from, settings>about phone>battery use?

sponge60

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok. Sorry I wasn't more specific earlier. I'm in a 3G only area. As for battery usage, looks like: 43% Display, 20% Voice calls, 13% Android OS, 9% Wi-Fi, 6% Phone idle and 5% standby. And now at 40 percent remaining after 13 hours.

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Annoyed that even with battery indicator app the % is by tens (which is weird since on my charge it went by ones). I am anal and like knowing the exact charge left! Admittedly, battery has been better on wifi than charge on wifi. That's great news for me!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma