Share the smart actions that work for you

wlawyer

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Figured we could share the ones that work and maybe the ones that don't. My contribution is a nighttime setting to turn off data when I am asleep so if I am away from a charger my phone will not be dead in the morning (hopefully).
Triggers:
Timeframe (different for everyone but mine is at 11pm till 6am)
Motion Detector
Actions:
Background sync - off
Cell data - off
Wifi - off
Gps - off
Bluetooth - off

Keep in mind this action should only be applied if the screen is off and no motion is detected according to the triggers (think nightstand). If I am out late my phone is in motion or wakes up as soon as it is. As a bonus I dont have to turn my phone to silent to avoid late night emails since its not checking them but could still get emergency calls or text. Last night my phone lost less than 10% during the night. Yes it wasn't doing anything but that is the point.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I am anxious to try smartactions... I was hoping there would be a Timeframe Trigger based on a calendar appointment indication of busy or free time, but that appears to not be the case. I dont think I can trust putting my phone into vibration/quite mode based on location. I would rather depend on my calendar.

wlawyer

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I am anxious to try smartactions... I was hoping there would be a Timeframe Trigger based on a calendar appointment indication of busy or free time, but that appears to not be the case. I dont think I can trust putting my phone into vibration/quite mode based on location. I would rather depend on my calendar.

In the market look up an app called Buzy. Its free I think and one of our guys said he loved it because it basically checked his calendar and if it said busy it vibrated instead of rang. No personal experience with it but it looks like there are many option for that, should have been in smart actions though.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
In the market look up an app called Buzy. Its free I think and one of our guys said he loved it because it basically checked his calendar and if it said busy it vibrated instead of rang. No personal experience with it but it looks like there are many option for that, should have been in smart actions though.

Setting Profiles does the job as does Taskr.

I absolutely cannot have my phone ring at work. I am going to try an at Work trigger... but since its based on location... I am nervous about it working 100% of the time.

wlawyer

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Setting Profiles does the job as does Taskr.

I absolutely cannot have my phone ring at work. I am going to try an at Work trigger... but since its based on location... I am nervous about it working 100% of the time.

I setup my work stuff based on the wifi network this morning and works well. I agree on the location stuff, I can't get a good lock for gps and cell location is not accurate enough for me.

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I have had Tasker "forever" on my D2G, and could never figure out a good set of conditions to even auto-enable/disable the BT radio when I'm leaving the house. I'm hoping I can figure out a way to do this with Smart Actions.

Basically, I'm hoping I can leave WiFi enabled a lot more in general -- but never really did with the D2G because of battery concerns.

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I see I can set "Ringer Volume" to something specific (like "Silent") as an action, but does that also apply to "Notifications"? The default settings app treats Notifications and Ringer differently, if I'm not mistaken.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I set a few up.

If it's night time and I hook it up to the wall charger it launches the "bedside" app.

I setup a battery saver that disables background data, dims the screen and disables GPS when the battery is below 20%.

I set one up in the morning that enables any connections that may have been previously disabled...basically just puts all the settings where I like them.

nickf126

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I looked through the settings but I could not find a trigger based on a calendar event. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Nicholas Barry

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I want to use Smart Actions as an alarm clock that plays music from my playlists. It's easy to set up, but it isn't working. Here's how I've set it up:
Trigger: Timeframe (6:45am - 7:30am on weekdays)
Action: Play a playlist

But whenever I try this, I get a notification that the Music app has crashed.

I can use the Music app on its own, so I know it plays. And actually, if I create a smart action that is active while I'm setting it, then it works. But when I set it for the future, when the time comes, the music app crashes.

Any help?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63