Droid Razr issue same as bionic??

jdtftp1

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Having the problem of the phone going from 4g to 3g to no g.. verizon is sending out software update for bionic. Anyone having this problem also?

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Same issue is being reported on Motorola's forums and other forums on the web regarding the Data drop outs on the razr, you're not alone.

anon(2953)

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Test-driving the RAZR until the Nexus lands... then handing it over to my wife. Haven't noticed any issues like you describe, even at home, where I'm just on the edge of our service area.

rprete7686

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
I'll be sticking with the razr as this upgrading every month out of contract is getting pricey. I love it, mainly due to size and weight. Anyway, this issue is not a Motorola only Issue. I had the problem on all 5 4g Phones I have owned. HTC, LG and Motorola. Everyone I know with the different 4g Phones has the same issue. So we are not alone. Motorola has a fix coming out this Month, and VZW is more than aware of the problem. If a rep tells you to reset your phone, tell em to piss off and research the issue a little better. Currently there is a setting you can change deep within your phones menu that helps with the hand shake between 3g and 4g. It will cause your data to drop out for a minute while switching between services, but will also keep you from having to reboot or flip on and off Airplane mode to get data back.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have yet to experience this issue on the RAZR. I'm always connected to 4G which is nice.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Just an FYI: The problem with the Bionic is with people that are not in a strong 4G area like myself, according to Verizon I am in an "extended zone". When you are in areas like this the phone freaks out and constantly switches between 3G and 4G until it just drops all data after a while. This is the reason why some users are having data drop outs and some are not, this same issue is with the Razr.

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
No issues with my Razr. Been running a a strong 4G LTE since I got mine on the 10th. Like stated before it could be an issue with the service in your area.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
No issue here at all 4G stays locked. I haven't noticed any fluctuations between the two. This is the best android device to date for me except the camera could be better.

jcapen87

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
No issue with 4G for me, here in Atlanta. Constantly locked in on a strong signal. Didn't have issues with my Bionic when I had it.

jcapen87

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
No issue here at all 4G stays locked. I haven't noticed any fluctuations between the two. This is the best android device to date for me except the camera could be better.

May not be the best camera in the Android universe but it is substantially better than the Bionic's

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Verizon confirmed with me tonight that the razr has a connectivity issue and they are waiting on motorola for the fix. They offered to wave my restocking fee since the issue has no fix any day soon!

ArtieTheOneManParty

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Currently there is a setting you can change deep within your phones menu that helps with the hand shake between 3g and 4g. It will cause your data to drop out for a minute while switching between services, but will also keep you from having to reboot or flip on and off Airplane mode to get data back.

Any more information on this setting? I've experienced this a few times, and I've had to go the airplane mode on/off route to fix it.

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Well i know i live in a good 4g connectivity area in houston tx. I live inside the second loop. Called beltway 8 and on the verizon map it show a dark red for 4g every where i travel. And my razr is better in connecting than my tbolt. But it jumps between 4g to 3g constantly. I know in my parents how that it is really insulated that even our wireless router struggles to reach certain rooms without opening the room's door. So that is one place i can see ut going from 4g to 3g or maybe losing signal. But while on the road? Or open space? Just bouncing data connections?

fyrman49

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
No issues here. I had a problem at my place of employment with having a signal on my Droid X. We are in the landing flight line for the airport and i think that has been the problem. However, signal strength has improved with the RAZR.

Gav508

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'll be sticking with the razr as this upgrading every month out of contract is getting pricey. I love it, mainly due to size and weight. Anyway, this issue is not a Motorola only Issue. I had the problem on all 5 4g Phones I have owned. HTC, LG and Motorola. Everyone I know with the different 4g Phones has the same issue. So we are not alone. Motorola has a fix coming out this Month, and VZW is more than aware of the problem. If a rep tells you to reset your phone, tell em to piss off and research the issue a little better. Currently there is a setting you can change deep within your phones menu that helps with the hand shake between 3g and 4g. It will cause your data to drop out for a minute while switching between services, but will also keep you from having to reboot or flip on and off Airplane mode to get data back.

Yes it's true. I am having same issue with Thunderbolt. Must be a network issue.

rprete7686

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes it's true. I am having same issue with Thunderbolt. Must be a network issue.

More like a Phone issue caused by the network. Something is failing during the handshake between 4g and 3g. The Data is there to use but the phone doesn't know how to switch seamlessly between the two.

Its not isolated to any manufacturer...Its a 4g Phone problem.

big juice

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Having same issues, Verizon store says i'm the first person to complain, and looked up issues on the Verizon portal for associates that says no known issues. I can't browse the Web without it telling me I have no internet connection

KJ78

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I will confirm this signal dropping issue. My friend purchased a Razr on Saturday. I have had a Thunderbolt since July. I compared both phones side by side at my friend's house. He lives in an area that is LTE but his house sits in a black hole of reception - a fringe reception area. My Thunderbolt held the LTE signal, thought it was weak, it never dropped. My friend's Razr could barely hold a 3g signal and often dropped to 1x or no signal at all. My Thunderbolt definitely had a better data connection. I hope MotoGoog can fix this with an update as I was otherwise very impressed with the Razr.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781