Razr: Battery & Smart Actions App

jhaak

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
I know Motorola has been touting the new Smart Actions app on the Razr but I have had a problem with mine. It was supposed to come loaded with 10 sample settings, mine has none. Tried manually creating some battery save features but don't have many options with the app other then screen brightness. Is this just me having a letdown with this App or did Motorola overhype this feature?

On a side note, under general phone settings I only have battery information, I don't have a battery settings/manager section. So I can't change to battery saver mode manually either

jcapen87

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
I know Motorola has been touting the new Smart Actions app on the Razr but I have had a problem with mine. It was supposed to come loaded with 10 sample settings, mine has none. Tried manually creating some battery save features but don't have many options with the app other then screen brightness. Is this just me having a letdown with this App or did Motorola overhype this feature?

On a side note, under general phone settings I only have battery information, I don't have a battery settings/manager section. So I can't change to battery saver mode manually either

On mine I click Smart Actions> Green + >Add a Sample. From there, it lets you choose scenarios that Motorola already set up, or you can instead choose your own from scratch.

All I've done so far with mine is enable Wi-Fi and disable Cellular data when the GPS determines that I'm at my apartment. It's not just for battery saving, either. From some of the samples I looked at, you can set it to open up the news app in the morning, work better as a GPS when it's in the car, and turn vibrate on when you're at work. Pretty cool, powerful stuff.

Reactions: jroc

jhaak

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah on mine I don't have the add a sample option. I click the add button and my options are create new or use existing rule, which are the ones ive previously created. I don't have any of the samples Motorola touted and don't have the options to create battery saving rules. Its like its an unfinished version of the App. I am curious if anyone else had this issue.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Mine has the Samples too. And I think Moto changed the Battery Saver Mode, I dont see that anymore. I had a Droid X1 before that had it.

I'm assuming its replaced by Smart Actions and they separated Data Manager from the battery settings.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah on mine I don't have the add a sample option. I click the add button and my options are create new or use existing rule, which are the ones ive previously created. I don't have any of the samples Motorola touted and don't have the options to create battery saving rules. Its like its an unfinished version of the App. I am curious if anyone else had this issue.

Sounds like they somehow were deleted. I'd bet a factory reset would restore them.

I really like it, but I wish it had more triggers, and the ability to set variables.

JohnnyG#AC

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
My Razr only had one sample, but that was enough, given the limited triggers and tasks. Hoping that ICS will add more. Keep in mind though that you don't need a lot of logical operators to do a good job of controlling your smart actions. The intended results can usually be attained, it just takes a little different thought process with all the "ons and offs". I also like the feature that allows you to "disconnect" a result or condition by simply sliding it to the right, temporarily taking it out of the action.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1