Razr just shuts off and won't cut on

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
That's similar to what happened to mine yesterday shortly after I got it. It was doing fine and when I plugged it in to charge it, it went to the "M" splash screen and wouldn't do anything. Started charging from 0% (when it was originally at 70% when it was initially plugged in), and when it reached 30% it claimed full charge and has been fine ever since.

Thankfully there is a 14-day return period on new phones, so if it does it again, it will be going back for another. Mine wouldn't even hard reset.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
mine has been acting funny while charging as in the screen becomes unresponsive and acting crazy . But only while charging other than that i love it .

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I haven't had that issue yet and I am surprised there hasn't been more complaints with a new launch. I am very pleased with the Razr it a very quick device with a great UI.

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
By chance..... Are you using a Motorola charger? I used to use a Htc charger with my motorola droid x/x2 and when I was plugged in to that charger by screen would be partially to totally non-responsive. As soon as unplugged it the screen would work fine.

StayFly

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
at one point my phone just stop charging it stop at 60% then i put the original charger from motorola in and worked again but it was charging for like 3 hours.

drhodes11

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I went ahead and brought it back into Verizon. The beat around the bush for a while (told me the story about only using Motorola chargers, etc) and finally I just asked for another phone. So far so good.

This is by far the best phone I've ever had (Tour -> OG Droid -> Bold 9650 -> Razr)!

richardpandy

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
mine has been acting funny while charging as in the screen becomes unresponsive and acting crazy . But only while charging other than that i love it .

A lot of times if you don't use the supplied charger, it will act like that. Use the supplied charger and you'll be fine.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Motorola devices can be finnicky with chargers. Its not because the non OEM charger is inferior its because its literally designed differently for the phone.

Has anyone has this problem using the OEM charger?

The Xoom has a dedicated charging port so no USB charging. But there are different cables available for its USB, the one shipped and the Motorola service cable which powers a different terminal allowing some sort of service to be done to the device. Both look identical but function differently. On top of that my Xoom won't connect to my computer when using a standard micro to USB cable but works flawlessly with the Motorola cable....

Just saying this may not be the issue but its worth looking into.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
When everyone says Moto chargers, exactly what are you talking about? Is that the device that is plugged into the wall and the USB cable plugs into it with the mini plug on the other end plugged into the wall?

I have an X (researching the Razr that’s why I’m here). I have never used the moto charger or cord that came with my X. In fact, in the vehicle I use a Verizon charge cord that I purchased for my BB years ago. In the house, I use a generic plug and cord to attach while the X is in the stand and for the computer, a generic cord used primarily for data.

So, just trying to figure out why the Moto charger is different. All USB connectors are designated by the electronics industry to be identical and all you really need is for Pin 1 to have 5.0 Volts and Pin 4 to be a ground to supply a charge to the phone. For data you need Pin 2 to be data- and pin 3 to be data+.

Does the Razr actually use the Pin X on the mini plug for ID between manufacture devices?
Very curious and would love some information before I leap into this Razr.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Razr today and all day at work it had been fine (connected to WiFi). On my way home the phone would not wake when I picked it up in the car, I tried pressing the power button and volume buttons and nothing...nada. I then plugged it into the car charger (Verizon branded) and the M finally showed up and it took it's time to boot up. The battery was at 60% so it wasn't that the battery died.

After I got the phone back up I unplugged it from the charger and made a phone call using the speaker phone. During the call the screen went off as normal. While the screen was off I pressed the volume up key to raise the volume (I did not unlock the device or wake the screen) and the phone dropped the call and rebooted.

Not getting a warm fuzzy with this....

operater

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I have had my Razr for for about a week and it is cutting off every day and i use the charger that comes with it. are they going to recall them are the new ones that are coming to the stores now ok because im about to trade mine back in and get a new one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze