Hands on experience with Rezound?

jcapen87

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm too lazy to go to a Verizon store and check it out for myself. I'm more than happy with my RAZR and would likely not switch it out for anything other than a Galaxy Nexus (MAYBE). Still, anyone with a RAZR have any hands on experience with the new HTC Rezound? Impressions? What's better about it than the RAZR, what's not as good?

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
720p screen: looks gorgeous with a higher ppi than the iphone. However, it's still an LCD so the black levels aren't as good as the SAMOLED.

camera: it's got a wide angle lens that lets you be closer to the subject. I feel like my Razr zooms in too much when I take a pic.
The rezound also can record video in slow motion. How cool is that!

Those are the 2 main things I like most about the Rezound. However, it's kinda thick and has a low capacity battery. Something that the Razr does much better! :cool:

Reactions: jcapen87

easyrun99

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I've used both. I actually like Moto's skin better than Sense, and that wasn't always the case. I find that the Rezound delays just a tad when navigating through the UI. The RAZR was super-smooth.

I found the RAZR camera lacking, but haven't taken enough pics with the Rezound to say it's definitively better.

What the RAZR lacks in thickness/weight it more than makes up for in width. I realize they had to flatten everything for the form-factor, but it's sooooo wide and the bezel is soooo big, it detracted from the experience for me.

The Rezound is heavier and thicker, but because it's not as wide, it actually feels less bulky to me (just my opinion); easier to type with one hand.

Beats is fine, but I don't use my phone a lot for music, so it's a bit of fluff for me.

The Rezound screen, again just my opinion, displays colors more accurately and there is a noticeable difference in resolution. But as mentioned before, the RAZR is much easier to see in bright sunlight.

Having used both, it's 6 of one/half-dozen of the other for me.

easyrun99

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Oh, the power/sleep and volume buttons on the Rezound are a bit too "flush" and you have to be extremely deliberate to manipulate (not necessarily a bad thing) so that's a consideration as well.

Last edited:

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Oh, the power/sleep and volume buttons on the Rezound are a bit too "flush" and you have to be extremely deliberate to manipulate (not necessarily a bid thing) so that's a consideration as well.
That was the case with the Thunderbolt as well. I love the fact that the button is on the side on the RAZR.

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I was very interested in the Rezound because I liked the small bezels and how the device was a lot smaller than the RAZR, but the dealbreaker for me was the fact that it has no micro HDMI port and that you need an additional accessory adapter to run HDMI out. I also didn't like typing on the Sense virtual keyboard. Ideally I wished that Apple would produce a 4.3 inch smartphone, but the 3.5 inch on the Ip4S is just too small for me. I primarily read a lot of newspapers and message boards on my phone and my eyes take a beating. I need a big screen and hdmi out.

jcapen87

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Awesome...thanks for the feedback guys! As much as I would love to put the Rezound's screen on my Razr (not that I'm unhappy with the Razr's display by any means), it sounds like I'm firmly on board with my Moto :) Unless the Nexus is everything it's cracked up to be. Can't say I like the idea of only "on screen" navigation buttons though.