Switching from Rezound to Razr

NeoLogic

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I had the Rezound for a total of.... 18 hours, and I just cant hack it anymore. Gonna have to pay the $35 restocking fee and get the Razr.

The Rezound was my first HTC device, and I loved everything about it except battery life, reception, and the inability to play my favorite game Dungeon Defenders. I can live with crappy battery life, and not able to play my favorite game, but, the data connectivity problems with this phone are bad. If your in a good cell coverage area, it's not a problem, but if the place you live or work has acceptable, but poor coverage, the Rezound will be unable to maintain a signal for any length of time.

For example I can stream Pandora at work all day long with my old phones the DX, Charge, Bionic, girl friend's Continuum, but I can't pull 10 min straight with the Rezound. The only time I had 4G was at the Verizon Store. Bionic would never loose 4G signal at work. Charge was not so good, but way better than the Rezound.

The battery life is comical. I was able to kill the battery in 2 hours. Yea I was downloading, and screen was on, but I could actually watch the battery percentage drop a number once every min or so... again, that was comical.

So anyway, I hope and I expect the Razr will have both better battery life and signal performance than the HTC Rezound.

Just wanted to share my experience with you folks

Take Care

AeroEngi

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the club dude. You're gonna love the RAZR. I couldn't be happier with mine!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure, that although the screen might look a hair better on the Rezound, the Razr screen uses a lot less juice.

zhawks

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Good to know my alergy to Sense keeps me away from HTC isn't without justification beyond the skin. I've had my Razr for about a week now and I love it. Here's hoping the new lithium ion battery tech they just announced goes into production soon. I'd be all about my phone's battery lasting a week or two before I have to charge it.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I've had excellent signal quality since I got the RAZR. HTC makes nice phones, but I've always prefered Motorola.

desoulja2185

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Saw the Rezound and was like "Meh". Just leaving a Thunderbolt and having a Sensation also for work meant that the Rezound would do nothing for me. I had and OG Droid and a Droid X and now the RAZR, and by FAR.. I love my RAZR.. The RAZR is definitely a NICE phone!.. All of it's wide and thin glory.. lol.. Welcome to the club!

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
In my experience Motorola is at the top, Samsung is getting pretty good, followed by the likes of Sony Ericsson, HTC and LG. I spend most of my time in spots that don't get good signal, so that's something I'm always paying attention to.

Myself

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I used to be a huge HTC fan, and for a while thought they were the only one who made an android phone in which I was interested. But after having an HTC phone, Samsung (Galaxy SII), and now a Razr, I'm kind of over HTC and Sense. Not because they are bad by any stretch, as they're not. More than anything, I just fell out of love with Sense. It's just too much for me, and almost feels like its own OS completely since they just about hide everything from Android and replace it with their own overlay. Samsung and Motorola seem to be doing a good job of adding their own stuff, but also letting the parts of android that work just fine still come out. Plus, Sense puts such a draw on the processor that even with the new dual cores, they still seem to get just a bit laggy every so often (though not nearly as bad as they once did), and it just feels like it's always running just a bit behind where it should due to running sense. Admittedly I have not played with the Rezound, and it may be a huge step up, and to the general consumer it may not be that noticeable or a drawback, but I guess I still get flashbacks to all the lag and freezes and it just scares me away from HTC anymore.

Reactions: jroc

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
It a much better device with a great UI. The radio reception is awesome and voice calls are crystal clear. There have been a few screen complaints but they have to be defective because mine is perfect.

jcapen87

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
I think HTC makes the highest quality hardware at least externally...all of their phones feel REALLY solid. They use a lot of metal and high quality plastic. Samsungs feel plasticky and cheap but have fantastic screens and are generally pretty light. Too bad Touchwiz sucks.

I'd rank the manufacturers 1. Motorola 2. Samsung 3. HTC 4. S/E 5. LG 6. Nokia 94,000: Huawei

jcapen87

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Also, my previous post was simply generalizing...I think my super-thin Razr is so well built it could go toe to toe with almost any HTC phone in terms of durability.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084