Help No Sounds from RAZR

THARD11

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
My phone will not play any sounds from the internal speaker, no music, notifications, speaker phone or anything. It is not on silent mode, the volume is turned up, tried soft reset and ideas? Sound does come from headphone jack.

Last edited:

anon(2953)

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Mine did that yesterday, too. I have three Google accounts synced to my device. After the new Music app updated, all of my sounds stopped. Deleting my two "extra" accounts, and re-adding them fixed the issue. The music app and the market both seemed to be trying to utilize the extra accounts rather than my main account before I did that. Hope it helps.

THARD11

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I tried factory reset and about every other option I could think of. Turned out to be hardware problem. V switched out the phone for a brand new one without a question.

strife5

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I just had this same exact issue. My story is one where I did the update last night before bed. When I woke up I had no sound from the speaker. Ear-piece worked fine, just nothing from the rear speaker. After messing with it all day, I finally did a factory reset. Still nothing. Called Verizon and they stated that it was a "known issue." They are sending me a brand new, not refurbished phone. Kinda mad because I bought this phone outright a few months ago and I thought I would be screwed for this. Anyone else having this issue? This is the first thread after doing a minor search on a few sites that I've seen someone else with the same problem.

LinkinPrime

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Same exact thing happened to my Razr Maxx. I think that there was a lose connection with the speaker, if I smacked the back of the phone while it was doing its silent thing it would work again for a random period of time.

When I called Verizon, after talking to 2 reps, they changed it out.

robthefive0

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem. I read somewhere that if you press the back speaker area it will start working again. I did that and it started working again its right near the camera.

epharston

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I've had the same issue, but a power off/on fixed it every time... until the next time. It's just bothersome to have to do a windows-like reboot to resolve a recurring issue.