Razr automatically rebooted itself during a call. Anyone else??

Irkky

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
my phone rebooted itself today during a call. I don't know why this happened. Anyone else experience this problem? It happened to me while I was on a 3G connection. Any ideas as to why this would happen? I used to have a OG Droid and this never happened on the old phone.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Razr automatically rebooted itself during a call. Anyone else

my phone rebooted itself today during a call. I don't know why this happened. Anyone else experience this problem? It happened to me while I was on a 3G connection. Any ideas as to why this would happen? I used to have a OG Droid and this never happened on the old phone.

Were you using a bluetooth device to use the phone? There is a known issue, not only with the Razr, where as if the bluetooth device is not compatible with the phone (bluetooth firmware versions differ) then it can cause all types if problems.

My phone only rebooted on a call while i was using the Bluetooth in my car. Once I turned bluetooth off while i was in the car, i have yet to have a phone reboot for over a week now.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

I use a Bluetooth headset constantly and have never had this problem. I use a jawbone.

I also have Bluetooth in two of my cars (BMW X6 and BMW 550I) and they work great too. I don't use those bluetooth systens much though because I often have passengers.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site

I use a Bluetooth headset constantly and have never had this problem. I use a jawbone.

I also have Bluetooth in two of my cars (BMW X6 and BMW 550I) and they work great too. I don't use those bluetooth systens much though because I often have passengers.

Try using it without the bluetooth for a few days and see if that does the trick. there may be a problem with the radio on the phones for the WiFi/Bluetooth that can be fixed with a software update and I think Moto is looking into it now.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

Did you mean that for the OP? I don't have any Bluetooth issues at all.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

Were you using a bluetooth device to use the phone? There is a known issue, not only with the Razr, where as if the bluetooth device is not compatible with the phone (bluetooth firmware versions differ) then it can cause all types if problems.

My phone only rebooted on a call while i was using the Bluetooth in my car. Once I turned bluetooth off while i was in the car, i have yet to have a phone reboot for over a week now.

Documentation on this known bluetooth issue would be greatly appreciated.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site

Documentation on this known bluetooth issue would be greatly appreciated.

Issue 5168 - android - BT Audio Volume problems with Motorola Droid and Pioneer CD-BTB200/AVIC D-3 - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

Droid practically useless with Pioneer AVIC D3 - Android Forums

Motorola Droid works great with D3 - AVIC411.com

At the time I only did a google search on my particular devices but there are plenty of more documented Bluetooth issues with Android phones that will come up on a Google search, quite a few exist on the Google code sites as well.

Irkky

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site

thanks for the feedback people but unfortunately I was not on Bluetooth...I was just using the phone alone but I think I was in a weak 4g area where I think it switched to 3g during the call causing the restart. Of course I cannot confirm this but its my speculation so far. What you guys think? Whatever the problem is I hope it gets fixed or that it never happens to me again.

the Bluetooth problem that you all are talking about, is that for all droid phones or just certain phones? Specifically Motorola???