Razr is defective

jasnos

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Mine keeps freezing, restarting by itself, and takes forever to send mms messages I'm returning it for a new one I'll let you know if I have the same problems anybody else having these issues?

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
There are always a few defective batches of devices at every new launch. Look at the BlackBerry bold 9900 they keep nuking and have to be replaced . At least Rim has admitted there is a issue and is looking for a fix. Manufacturers should be held responsible for these defective devices more than they are doing now. What we pay for them there should be a lemon law.

Reactions: jroc
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
More than likely it's a corrupted OS. I would always do a factory data reset before returning a phone, because the Verizon CCR's will do the exact same thing before they replace it. Viruses are becoming more apparent on android devices. Factory data resets are a common practice on Android devices in my experience.

otter03

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Got my Razr on Saturday night, here it is Tuesday morning. I checked email on it before I left the house, everything was working fine. Unplugged it from the charger and now I have a paper weight. Phone is completely unresponsive despite all efforts to bring it back to life. While it sits in my pocket until I can get to a store, it is burning up and still unresponsive. Hubby got his at the same time, his is working just fine. Neither are rooted, just out of the box and our personal set ups complete on them.

Has anyone else had this happen or heard of it happen to anyone, your fancy new phone is now a paper weight?

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Theres a good probability that you fried the internal memory possibly by using the wrong charger. A Blackberry or HTC charger will burn you your Droid RAZR.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Theres a good probability that you fried the internal memory possibly by using the wrong charger. A Blackberry or HTC charger will burn you your Droid RAZR.

I have not used any chargers other than a universal, stock, and Motorola headset charger when it comes to all out plugs. I have however plugged my phone into the Motorola charger with the USB cable from my Thunderbolt with no issues.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

I've charged every phone that I've had in the 3 years since I left Blackberry with a Blackberry charger and never had a problem.

This includes phones from Motorola, HTC, Samsung, etc...and obviously the RAZR.

That statement you are making is simply not true.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site

As another poster said, this just isn't true. The HTC and Blackberry phone chargers all have equivalent power outputs. The variations above and below the voltage/amps are within design specs of the phone. Most of them are between 5 and 5.1 volts with .5 amp to 1.2 amps. The base USB spec is 5V at .5A I believe.

If you tried doing it with a Nook Color, iPad, or Galaxy Tab charger then you might have some kind of trouble. The iPad 2 charger outputs 5.1V at 2.1A. Probably not good to charge your phone off that one, but some people do and have no problems.

otter03

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Can't see it being a charger issue as well. The only charger ever used is the one it came with and the universal car charger from Verizon. It did finally allow me to reset it later that day but locked up again the next night while it was just sitting in standby.

Only had it since Saturday so it's going back and hopefully the next one will be fine (because I really like this phone!)

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Defective charger can burn up a device pretty quick, and its not uncommon to get a defective cheap universal. Hell, service USB cables can burn up a device not intended for it like the Motorola service cable in a canon camera... (oops)...

I wouldn't mention universal charger use when you go to the store since it can void the warranty too.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Can't see it being a charger issue as well. The only charger ever used is the one it came with and the universal car charger from Verizon. It did finally allow me to reset it later that day but locked up again the next night while it was just sitting in standby.

Only had it since Saturday so it's going back and hopefully the next one will be fine (because I really like this phone!)

I'm sure the new one will be great. If it isn't, take a hard look at your apps. I'm convinced most people that have continued "bugs" across multiple devices, are causing them unknowingly with software.

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I've charged every phone that I've had in the 3 years since I left Blackberry with a Blackberry charger and never had a problem.

This includes phones from Motorola, HTC, Samsung, etc...and obviously the RAZR.

That statement you are making is simply not true.

My statement is fact. You can believe what you choose to though.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
To the OP: Have you connected your phone to a bluetooth device? If so, this could be another possibility to your phone lockup and black screen. I had mine hooked up the the Bluetooth in my car and every time i got into my car and the phone went to sleep, the phone would hard lock and I had to press the powerbutton and volume keys to hard reboot the phone.

I upgraded my radio in my car with a newer one and so far, all is fine. Sometimes when the bluetooth device you are hooking up to has an older firmware on it (older than what your phone bluetooths) then you'll have all of these odd problems.

Shappy

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Today my razr decided to start to malfunction. I have lost the touch function repeatedly and the sensor that truns the screen off when it's on your head has stopped working. I of course called amazon where I bought it and they are gladly sending me a new one but currently don't have any They expect to have it Dec 8th or 9 so much fun.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
My statement is fact. You can believe what you choose to though.

Well, I prove it wrong everyday by using only a charger that, according to you and your fact, would destroy my device. I've never taken the charger that came with the phone out of the box.

Do you have any supporting evidence?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC