Automatic Blue Tooth connection

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
My Incredible would automatically connect to my Ford Sync system when I turned Blue Tooth on, on the phone. Now with the Razr, it says that it's paired but not connected. I have to connect manually each time. Is there a setting on two RAZR that I'm missing?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

anon(558804)

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Try leaving Bluetooth ON. Either way I have no such problem with my Acura. Once it was paired and connected, it reconnects every time I have it in the car with Bluetooth active.

jpribble

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Razr - it says that it's paired but not connected to my Ford. I used the original droid with it and it connected automatically.

richardpandy

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
Go into your Bluetooth settings and long press on your vehicle that it is synced with. It should give you the option in there to Manually Connect or automatically connect as well as give you a few other options.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
No such issue, my 2012 Acura RDX will connect automatically. It will even disconnect my other headsets if I have it with me and take over.

One thing I learned from this thread - you should have gotten an Acura. Lol.

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
No such issue, my 2012 Acura RDX will connect automatically. It will even disconnect my other headsets if I have it with me and take over.

One thing I learned from this thread - you should have gotten an Acura. Lol.

Well it's my company car so it has to be a Ford. Free car = better than paying for one.

After some experimentation I learned that if the Razr's BT is on, it will automatically connect once I get within connection distance from my car. It's when BT is off and I turn it back on is when I have to manually connect.

I'll keep experimenting.

CW

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I haven't noticed that but I did notice that Sync in my 2012 Explorer will read my text messages on the Razr, first android phone that I have heard of doing it!

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I haven't noticed that but I did notice that Sync in my 2012 Explorer will read my text messages on the Razr, first android phone that I have heard of doing it!

That feature wouldn't work with my Incredible but it works with the Razr. I think it's Bluetooth 4.0 that enables that feature.

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
When I had the thunderbolt it worked great with my uncle's f150. Connected and read and answered my fone.