Similar thread already exists, specific questions! 4s to Razr?

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I have a little bit of a history with Verizon with this point, and the end result is I started with a Bionic, that was followed by three more Bionics and a few months later they gave me a 4s.

Things I absolutely loved about the Bionic:
Firstly: The call clarity and reception were absolutely brilliant. I live in the middle of nowhere and not once on any of the five cell phones I have had over the past 7 years has any of them been able to chump through phone calls like this phone was able to. Never did I ever experience any static, or loss of reception resulting in dropped calls, or either party not being able to hear what the other person said. This is a big thing for me, as I don't have a house phone. I don't make calls that often, but I seem to only receive them when at home.

Secondly: I play MagicTheGathering, and the MTGDeckForge app is amazing. The apple has nothing close to this.

Third: The phone was fast, and I mean really fast. It had no problems drawing or rendering webpages as quickly as I wanted them to.

Fourth: After using the iPhone, it's definitely not as polished. A lot of people say this, and I have to agree. I did however enjoy the layout much more, the way everything interacted, etc. . So this should probably be with the likes.

Fifth and finally: I am an amateur programmer and I liked the idea of being able to, sometime in the near future, be able to write mobile apps and test them on my device.

Things I hated about the Bionic:
Firstly: The whole premise that Motorola didn't support the "I lose data for hours on end" thing really bothered me and I really think that's awful customer serivce. If I understand correctly, this update still has not been pushed through. I would have kept the phone if it wasn't for this, instead I switched over to the iPhone.

Secondly: The camera bugged me a little, but this is very low priority. Just a minor quirk.

Third: I noticed it would freeze every now and again when trying to open an app. The task manager recognized this, and closed the app when it was unresponsive. So that's a like and a dislike.

iPhone likes / dislikes (this is getting long)
Likes: It works, there's no doubt about it. The phone is polished and built well. It works!
The camera takes beautiful crisp photos.
Lots and lots of apps. Downfall to this, most aren't free!
I enjoy the magnifying glass on the keyboard with a long click (I imagine droid has an app for that)
Cheaper than Bionic / Razr (however the Razr is selling pretty cheap on eBay brand new, and the iPhone sells for more than that)
My job uses a lot of iPhone apps, and I will be developing them shortly. I can make them give me an iPad but I think they would prefer me having an iPhone.

Dislikes: Call reception and clarity is garbage where I live. This is pretty big to me. I'd rather not wait another two years to fix this, but I can wait a year if necessary.
iTunes, I hate hate hate it. I've not once synced my phone to my pc and I don't plan on it. I hate this software.
No notification light. (This really irks me)
I dislike the layout and the way clicking / long clicking interacts.
I HATE APPLE! I HATE HATE HATE APPLE. I can't believe I got talked into this device.
Not 4g

SO FINALLY!
Knowing the above information, I'd love a little info about the Razr.
How is the antenna on the phone? Mainly in regards to call clarity, especially in the middle of nowhere. Preferably the experience of those who have owned an iPhone or a Bionic would be ideal. Unless there are reviews out there that I didn't see. (I tried to do my reading)

What are the biggest bugs? I know little bugs happen, but I'm not waiting months for my data issues to be resolved. I do way too much business on my phone to be without email for hours on end.

Anything else you can think of would be helpful!

Thanks so much for reading my post.