Netflix HD?

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
So I finally received my hdmi cable in the mail yesterday and thought I would test the Netflix HD streaming that was touted as a feature from Verizon. Has that functionality not been rolled out yet because the quality I'm seeing is total garbage. I made sure I was testing on programs that are offered in HD from Netflix.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
How do you do that? I go into hdmi settings and the only thing I see there is the over scan slider.

Is it in the Netflix app that I need to enable that? Whenever I hit menu inside of Netflix it doesn't do anything.

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
TV is fine. It automatically switches and with any videos I've recorded in HD on the RAZR they look great.

I have my Xbox and blu-ray player hooked up to the same TV via hdmi and both of those stream the same show from Netflix in HD. The only device that isn't is the RAZR.

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
That's odd. When I tried it it looked good. I only have a 720p TV but it looks great. I don't know what else to do. Maybe shutdown restart. Power and volume or factory reset. Or uninstall Netflix and reinstall it again.

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
It might be the TV cus on my smaller 6yr old 23 inch Samsung LCD TV with 720p display. I see it kinda lower quality. I had previously used it on a larger plasma 51 inch Samsung 720p TV and it looked great. Almost 1080p. So it might be the TV cus on the smaller TV it should have looked better cus it would of had a better ppi.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Quality of Netflix throttles with data speed. Does the video appear to look good at times or always bad? Could the data speed be an issue?

I've yet to use Netflix HD but my Xoom can do a decent job I would rate slightly above "garbage" and that's standard Netflix so Netflix HD should be better. However I'm still not convinced that video meant for portable devices can be blown up to 30+ inches and still look good....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21