watch out for music app data use

jonhern

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
has anyone else noticed just how much data the music app uses? I was just using navigation today and playing music on my phone, not streaming it, and when I get back home I was surprised my data use jumped up over 250 mb, it was at .001gb when I left since the cycle started yesterday (no data with the outage lol) I was only out for about an hour and music was on about 20min. So I try to figure out what is using all that data tonight and when I check battery info and click on the music app I see it has received 400mb of data today. That's insane, like I said I was not streaming from motocast, playing off the Sd card. After some testing it seems to be the recommendations settings in live music. If this is on and music is open it uses about 10 mb every 30 seconds to a minute. Lyrics uses very little, that's why I had it on in the first place, but turning off share music data , recommendations and news will put a stop to the data sucking and I think it will still download album art too, but I let that sit the first time I got the phone so it downloaded that stuff over WiFi so don't know if it is still on, there is no specific option to turn off album art. And of course you can Turn it all of by unclicking live music info.

anyway, those of us on limited data need to watch this so just wanted to let everyone know what might be causing all that data use. I like the music app but what the hell with this kind of data use just for recommending similar music.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks