Adding Ring & Notification tones

ronbecker

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Well I have all mine in a folder named media on my sd card. Or you can go to /system/media/audio and just drop them in the folders

Sent from my DROID RAZR

gpflepsen

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know where the Alarm ringtones are located? I have added ringtone and notification sound files and they show up for phone ringer, text and email but not in the "Ringtone" alarm choices. The stock Alarm app shows multiple upper-level choices when choosing alarm sounds, i.e. Ringtone, Music, etc. Music populates but Ringtone does not.

I use Night Clock (donate) and its ringtone choices match the limited Alarm app choices under Ringtones, but do not give me other choices. I just came from the Droid Charge and everything worked there.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know what folder in phone stores the ring and notification tones? I have ASTRO installed but unsure where to drop the files...
You can store them as others have listed here on the sdcard under /audio or /sounds or even make your own directory.

The stock OS sounds are in /system/media/audio/ but you need root access to get to that area of your device.

faheyd

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
On my Galaxy S2, 4.1.2, For alarm tones: 'Internal storage/Alarms' and for Alert Tones, it's 'Internal Storage/Notifications' .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2