smart actions and data connection

brianbrod1

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Have smart actions to disable data with screen off. Ever since data outage been having very difficult time reestablishing data connection when screen is turned on. In 3g area. Anyone else having this issue, and is there any known fix???

slbe1892

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
the outage definitely made it worse, so maybe it will begin to get better. I even tried making a smart action that toggled data back on when the phone was unlocked. Still nothing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
It has taken longer for me to reconnect on those settings as well. The data connection drops out when my screen is on pretty often too. The LTE is back, but I think this issue is just leftover from the network outage.

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I just wish there were more options with the smart actions to turning on/off data syncing. Like with the battery extender action, it says movement, "after a few minutes of the phone being motionless" I wish there was a way to change that to like 30 minutes or something, cause to me it would be more battery consuming after having ur phone sit for a couple of minutes and just have turned off the data connection, then have me turn it back on by moving it...

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I would like one that keeps the screen on when a certain app is running. When I listen to internet radio with the music app, the data turns off when the screen does.

ArtieTheOneManParty

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem when I listen to an fm radio show over the web. Dolphin browser has an option to keep the screen on, but we shouldn't have to. My iphone does this properly. My dx also had this issue. I think the sirius app works when the screen goes off.

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem when I listen to an fm radio show over the web. Dolphin browser has an option to keep the screen on, but we shouldn't have to. My iphone does this properly. My dx also had this issue. I think the sirius app works when the screen goes off.

The DX and iPhone don't have the option to turn off data when the screen turns off. The only reason this happens is because we have set Smart Actions to do this.

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
This smart action is so useful to save battery life, but if it takes a minute to enable data that is very annoying and makes me want to disable the smart action.

I want to like this phone but there are little things like this that take from it.

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed the same problem as the OP. I have stopped using Smart Actions to turn off Cellular Data when screen is off because reconnecting is too problematic.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm not using Smart Actions during the day, so my data shouldn't shut off, should it?

Your data shouldn't be cutting out if you aren't using Smart Actions. I have found it cutting out randomly when I'm using the phone as well. I'm not going to change the Smart Action that disables cellular data when the screen is off, though. I still think the positives outweigh the negatives on that. It's got issues dropping data and reconnecting anyways and I like the battery life since I set it up.
For music purposes I set up another Smart Action that turns cellular data on when my headphones are plugged in. This way I won't have any problem streaming stuff from MotoCast, Google Music, or Pandora when the screen turns off and I'm wearing my headphones. I haven't figured out a workaround for when the headphones aren't plugged in, though. Pandora will finish playing the song with the screen off, but it won't go to the next one. I hope that an update includes the ability to keep data on for certain apps even when Smart Actions are enabled. The guy who mentioned that earlier in this thread is onto something with that idea.

AeroEngi

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I would like one that keeps the screen on when a certain app is running. When I listen to internet radio with the music app, the data turns off when the screen does.

What I did to fix that is I created a trigger for the headphones being plugged in. Now, whether or not the screen is off, the data connection won't turn off because the headphones are plugged in when I'm streaming music.

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
What I did to fix that is I created a trigger for the headphones being plugged in. Now, whether or not the screen is off, the data connection won't turn off because the headphones are plugged in when I'm streaming music.

My problem is that I stream via Blue Tooth in my car. I may just have to disable that SA rule when I'm in the car.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781