Anyone hear a rumor about a soak test?

HMBgal

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I'll go toss mine in the loo and let you know what happens. Yeah, I don't know exactly what "water resistant" means, and I hope I never do...

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
The way I understand it, you can spill a glass of water on it or walk through the rain. But stuff like swimming with it or throwing it in a bucket of water is a horrible idea. I do wonder if it would recover after being in a pool, though. I remember years ago my Dad jumped into a pool with his old Samsung flip phone. He realized it right away and dried the phone out for a day or two. It came back to life, but that was a flip phone. I wouldn't want to experiment with the RAZR like that, I don't have insurance.

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Wouldn't plugin in and unplugin the cahrger scratch off some of the coating and water can mess up the stuff inside.

Sent from my HTC ZETA using Tapatalk

teardropcity

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
There is a rumor of a "soak test" that is supposed to be bug fixers, NOT ICS. The Bionic had one, and now the actual OTA is rolling out now. I've got to say, that (knock on wood), I don't really have a lot of issues with mine, but I would like to see some improvements made to the Smart Actions app. But it remains to be seen what will actual be in the update. But I seriously doubt that it's ICS. I have a feeling Moto will launch another phone that comes with ICS before we get our update.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully it's a bug fix for the data dropping out all the time. And now I know that soak test has another meaning, haha.