Converting iPhone Videos

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Just switched from an iPhone 4 to a RAZR and I'm having an issue getting my iPhone videos onto the RAZR. I can get them to show up, but they're all upside and/or really distorted. Can anyone help me get them to work?

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

kindrudekid

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Download handbrake

select a video source, even a folder source can be added,

On the right hand side there is a Preset Coulmn

there under devices seled Android Mid or High
as name suggest it means medium quality or high quality meaning smaller and larger file size respectively...

also for streaming options there is an app called Plex media Server for Win/mac/linux [which i use] http://www.plexapp.com/
and a $4.99 app in android market, https://market.android.com/details?id=com.plexapp.android&hl=en
if u are in home network u can use it to stream of your Desktop[which will act as server] and stream it to you while converting your media on the fly !...
if its a desktop thats used freqiuently see to it its atleast core2duo @ 2.4 ghz cuase it will load the CPU whenever you stream!

but if u really want media on devices i say handbrake is way to go!

also if you gonna use windows version, enable query generator
this will show a query generator tab which u can use to generate query and use it in the bulk conversion app

check these links for more info on handbrake
bulk Conversion - HandBrake Batch Encoder Simplifies Multiple Video Conversions
Rippping your owned DVDs - How to Rip DVDs with Handbrake

EDIT: i use Ubuntu Linux and i just noticed that the windows version dont have the android mid/high presets.... u can try it with iphone 4 or ipod touch and try

Last edited:

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm, weird. I downloaded HandBrake and the only options I have are ones for iPhone settings. There isn't a "mid" or "high" Android device setting. I may see if I can use DoubleTwist to get them on the phone. I know that works like a charm for music.

Let me know if you, or anyone else, has any ideas on how to get HandBrake to work.

Thanks again!

EDIT: and to clarify, I'm only referring to videos that I recorded on my iPhone, not actual purchases from iTunes or anything like that.

kindrudekid

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
try using classic or other onces from legacy

also if u want a simplest gui based app

i forgot to mention Freemake video converter

i think it will solve your issues

Reactions: Wildo6882

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your help. I'll look into this today and see if I can figure it out. I tried doubleTwist, but the movies still came in distorted and/or upside down. It's not the end of the world if I can't figure it out. Just a video of my stepdaughter at her cheerleading camp and a pretty hilarious video of my 6 month old kitten trying to milk my dog.