Official VZW ICS OTA by end of the month?

dj_spore

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I was just in my Verizon store to get a case and see what the Nexus was all about (it felt cheap and plasticity, and is not as appealing as the RAZR.) While there I asked the rep about an issue with it not showing all of my contacts, but when they call it displays their name. She said there was a MAJOR update coming for the RAZR by the end of the month. My question was if it was for bug fixes or ICS, she said ICS! I'm not really going to mark my calendar, but it would be nice, and that also falls into Motos own 6 week from source claim. even if it is bug fixes, it is nice to see the support!

While there, we started talking about rooting and roming, I asked if she had the Fastboot files, she went and checked her "flashing computer" and said they were not available to her. Not sure if its because it is not a big enough store, but it is one of the bigger stores in the area.

It was nice to see a VZW rep be interested in rooting and roming, and not the instant shoot down that I have come to expect.

Last edited:

the one and only M

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
It's extremely hard to believe we'll see an ics upgrade before the new year. I think droid life mentioned something about a bug fix update that is bein readied. The 6 week comment was referring to how long it would take them to evaluate their lineup and decide what will get the ics update I believe.

There was a member of another forum that was/is trying to get fxz file from their "source", but that thread seems to have died.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
NOOOO! What if I don't want ICS? I'm not giving up my Menu button until they pry it out of my fingers.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
We're getting closer to Ice Cream Sandwich, but I don't expect it this year. A bug fix update would be nice for Christmas, though.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
NOOOO! What if I don't want ICS? I'm not giving up my Menu button until they pry it out of my fingers.

ICS won't effect the menu button on the razr.

Only thing that is different with ics is the on screen menu button will disappear when it's not functional. Ics won't have on screen buttons on the razr since it has hardware buttons.

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm good with a bug fix update. Let them fix the ICS bugs before they push it to the Razr. I can wait.

Look at it this way, we could be waiting 8+ months from HTC. LOL!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

ishore99

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
While there I asked the rep about an issue with it not showing all of my contacts, but when they call it displays their name. She said there was a MAJOR update coming for the RAZR by the end of the month.

From experience I have found that they are the last to know when anything is released. They are not the most reliable.

Reactions: WAldenIV

anon(558804)

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Now that the Verizon Galaxy Nexus is here, we have to have something to anticipate, make predictions about when it will arrive, and blame Verizon when it doesn't.

projektorboy

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
The ICS source code was barely released less than a month ago. No one outside of Google had access to it until then. It's impossible that the Razr will be getting ICS. Any Flagship phone released Q4 of 2011 likely won't get ICS until Q2 2012 at the earliest.

However, team Cyanogen and a bunch of other people will likely get CM9 to your phone long before the phone manufacturer releases an official update.

cubus

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
So this is interesting. I walked into the Verizon store with my Razr in order to finalize the decision to dump it for the GNex. GNex is a plasticy manufacturing disaster but it has ICS. There just happened to be a Moto guy in a store and he said not to worry that Razr is getting ICS within a month. ( ;) )
I thought he was full of it and just wanted me to walk away with Razr, but now seeing all those threads I start to wonder....

jvm1982

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I went into Verizon and there was a guy in a trenchcoat in the corner. He said he worked for Verizon. I asked him when ICS was coming for the RAZR. He told me he already had it and if I wanted it I'd have to part with my kidney or liver. I walked away.

Just kidding. I do hope it comes soon but I'm not holding my breath on seeing it till March or April.

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
So this is interesting. I walked into the Verizon store with my Razr in order to finalize the decision to dump it for the GNex. GNex is a plasticy manufacturing disaster but it has ICS. There just happened to be a Moto guy in a store and he said not to worry that Razr is getting ICS within a month. ( ;) )
I thought he was full of it and just wanted me to walk away with Razr, but now seeing all those threads I start to wonder....

I did the same thing and walked out with my Razr as well. The back kept falling off the GN and wouldn't stay on, the camera is only marginally faster, the screen is only marginally better and my Razr is just a tiny bit wider than the GN.

I didn't see a Moto rep in the store but did get to talk to one before I bought the Razr. I'm willing to wait a bit for ICS to keep what I have with the Razr.

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I recall seeing a post over at Droid Forums by someone who claimed to be in a Motorola/Verizon roundtable of sorts. He claims that the upcoming updates they demoed, not ICS, will blow us away.

I tried to find it but sadly I can't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax