What am I doing wrong?

ead-fishing

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a major brain fart. :p

When doing a search using the Google widget I get the search results as as expected. Next, I click on a link that takes me to a particular site. With me so far? Now, I'm done with that site and want to go back to the initial page with all of the search results. So I hit the back button, using the back button soft key on the bottom of the phone. Instead of taking me back to the Google page with all of the search results it takes me all the way back to the initial spot where I initiated the search. Same screen you get when you first press the Google widget. It's as though I'm hitting the back button twice.........but I'm not. Make sense?

I know it has to be simple, but what am I doing or not doing right??

jl1967

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I tried after reading your problem. I just hit soft back button once and it took me back to search results page. I think you can remove Google Search and re-install it from market, see if that will fix it.:)

ead-fishing

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I tried after reading your problem. I just hit soft back button once and it took me back to search results page. I think you can remove Google Search and re-install it from market, see if that will fix it.:)

I went to the google search app in the market and there wasn't an option to uninstall that app.

bebeau25

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Having same problem. Really makes me mad when I have to retype in the browser. Grrrrrr!!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

crazedstudent

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue. Once again, the helpful folks at Verizon had no idea there was a problem and no idea how to solve it.

I downloaded the Dolphin browser and made it my default. Voila! No more problems.

Everything is a workaround....mail doesn't work, so have to use K9 mail. Now it's the browser. What's next?

fireplug

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I think I found a solution. Not sure how it is connected but this appears to be working for me. On the Google search home page there is a link to settings (not the browser settings you get to by pushing the menu button at the bottom, but the seach settings link that is only available on the actual search home page.) When you click this settings link it brings up a list of search settings and one of them is called "google instant"

Check the box that says "do not use google instant" and save.

That's it. Fixed it for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995