Why I traded my GN to come back to Razr

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I made headlines being one of the first to have the GN last weekend and I have had plenty of time to play with it before ultimately going back to the razr.

Here's why:

It was a tough decision to make but ultimately I have to choose between either a thinner device with larger screen or a smaller screen and a bit thicker device. The GN being thicker that the razr (I know not by much) was a problem for me due to the screen being so large. I prefer to have a smaller phone in some way to really its a toss up between the iPhone and razr for me with the razr winning.

Don't get me wrong, the GN is a great phone but in some ways the razr won out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

shadrap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I did the same thing. The GN signal is poor compared to the Razr. May not be an issue in the suburbs but in the boonies the GN sucks. It is a great phone but between signal and build quality it couldn't compare to the Razr.

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
U know don't feel bad I waited for the Nexus. Even returned my Razr. But the overall experience of the Razr imo is much better. The processer in the Nexus is probably a hair better because in 3g it loaded a hair faster than did the razr. But until they get the software optimized for it or they come around with ROMs for it. The volume issue, also I liked texting better on the Razr. Lastly the screen on the Razr has a bit more pop to me than does the GN. So I will be coming back also. Lastly my coworker who is a hope to die iPhone fan boy bought a GSM GN he warned me not to get it. He said the Nexus was a pos.

alluredetail

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Just came back from BB, with a Razr. Traded the GN back, all weekend been continplating on the move but i really liked the Razor for all the ovious reasons.

Screen on the razor is awsome and clear.. soo clear. not bluish greenish like on the GN

Battery is awsome as well but the Smart action takes it to another level with 18 hours of fairly amount of use. GN 2 hours later of unplugging the phone i was down to 85% with juice defender having everything shut off

My GN could not wake me up in the morning. On the Razor i had my waking me up on medium speaker. any how it was a great trip but the razor is better built sorry Nexus.

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Samsung phones have notoriously bad radios, always have. I bought the Razr with then intention of trading it in on the GN. After spending some time with the GN in the store there is no way I could have walked out with it.

After reading the types of complaints in the GN forums here, I'm glad I kept the Razr. I need a connection and with all of the complaints about poor reception the GN just won't do. I'm sure it will be fixed at some point but that issue is a deal breaker for me.

Also, the battery life seems to be bad as well. For every 1 positive post about good battery life, there are at least 3-4 negative ones. I just plugged my Razr in with about 5% battery left at 22 1/2 hours off of the charger. That's with moderate use and about 50% of the time on wi-fi.

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Samsung phones have notoriously bad radios, always have. I bought the Razr with then intention of trading it in on the GN. After spending some time with the GN in the store there is no way I could have walked out with it.

After reading the types of complaints in the GN forums here, I'm glad I kept the Razr. I need a connection and with all of the complaints about poor reception the GN just won't do. I'm sure it will be fixed at some point but that issue is a deal breaker for me.

Also, the battery life seems to be bad as well. For every 1 positive post about good battery life, there are at least 3-4 negative ones. I just plugged my Razr in with about 5% battery left at 22 1/2 hours off of the charger. That's with moderate use and about 50% of the time on wi-fi.

Well when I had the Razr. I turned off the network. Turned the screen way down, unplugged it at 5/6am at 10:20 pm I was down to 40% Batt. Its all in how you use the phone

TootNBerry

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I too have both the Razr and the G Nex I'm still trying to figure out what all the hype of the GN is all about ICS is cool but with it coming to all phones in the coming months not sure if it was worth the purchase. Glad I have the test drive to figure this all out..

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I am also switching back to the Razr, RF was the one big issue that prompted me to box the GN and get it ready for return in the morning.

CarryMe

Banned
Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
So are you saying you got the Razr at the upgrade price, returned it within the return period and got the GN at the upgrade price and then returned it to get the Razr back?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon