01-09-2012 11:06 PM
48 12
tools
    I don't want to get a case because the phone looks so good I don't want to cover it up. What do y'all think?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    12-21-2011 11:25 PM
    I didn't want to, but I found it slippery at work. Went with the otter box commuter. Not as bulky as the defender but still good protection. Really wish speck or Casemate would come out with a case. I've always liked their cases.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    CharlotteJacket likes this.
    12-21-2011 11:56 PM
    Mine is in a case...easier to carry around.
    12-21-2011 11:59 PM
    I got the silicone case, I think it actually feels a lot better in hand b/c the edges are not as sharp? and it easily comes off
    12-22-2011 12:48 AM
    I got the silicone case, I think it actually feels a lot better in hand b/c the edges are not as sharp? and it easily comes off
    Yeah u don't wanna cut urself....

Sent from my HTC ZETA using Tapatalk
    12-22-2011 12:49 AM
    I scuffed the back of my razr when I dropped it in the car. No need for a case now. It takes away from the thinness anyhow.
    12-22-2011 07:58 AM
    I have the otter box commuter but it does make the phone weider hard to use with one hand. So sometimes I use it sometimes I don't, like the feel without the case tho
    12-22-2011 08:02 AM
    I use Diztronic's TPU case and I love it. It's cheap, doesn't add much bulk to the phone, and easily removable for when you want to mount the RAZR to the car dock (unfortunately the car dock won't allow any cases without modification). Here's a link to pictures of the case:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...ase-rocks.html
    12-22-2011 08:08 AM
    I got one made by Rocketfish (I think). It also has a carbon back and grippy sides. It is still very slim with this case.

Best Buy 24.99
    12-22-2011 08:36 AM
    I had a cheap $6 ebay case on my razr, but It was causing the battery to get hot and would randomly shut the phone off.

Since I took the case off I haven't had a single random shutdown of the razr. Now that I think about it, every time my phone turned itself off, it was in said case...
    markus2e2 likes this.
    12-22-2011 08:46 AM
    I went with the otterbox defender series....
    commuter is case only and defender comes with the clip.
    it comes with a screen protector as well.
    it also makes the power and volume buttons easier to use with the case now.....this made my decision.

I recommend it or perhaps go to best buy and see for yourself. thats what I did.......
    12-22-2011 10:31 AM
    I just picked up the razr for my wife for Christmas and got her the purple gel case. She is a little rough on phones so she kinda needs a case. She has had her droid x for 18 months with the same style of case and has had luck. If the phone was for me though I may actually keep it naked so to speak since its so thin and beautiful lol.
    12-22-2011 10:33 AM
    I went with the otterbox defender series....
    commuter is case only and defender comes with the clip.
    it comes with a screen protector as well.
    it also makes the power and volume buttons easier to use with the case now.....this made my decision.

I recommend it or perhaps go to best buy and see for yourself. thats what I did.......
    I agree. I stream Sirius all day at work and have not had any issues with "hot" re-boots or any random re-boots for that matter and have had this case on the phone since 11/23.
    12-22-2011 11:19 AM
    I don't have a case. I think the RAZR is too nice to cover up. I just have to be more careful, but it's worth it to me.
    12-22-2011 11:41 AM
    My Razr is going nekked! I think the most I'm goign to put on it is an SGP screen protector, just in case...
    12-22-2011 12:07 PM
    Best TPU Case for RAZR is the Nillkin. You can find on eBay (like THIS). (Make sure to search for "Nillkin TPU Razr" because Nillkin makes hard cases as well.)

Case comes in solid matte black and transparent blue, clear, or gray. Grips on side. Precision cutouts for everything. High-quality without the seams or "nubs" present on other TPU cases. Adds almost nothing to profile or weight of phone, but protects phone.

Takes about 2 weeks to receive, but worth it! I got the transparent gray, which allows the good-looking Kevlar back to show through.
    12-22-2011 12:12 PM
    Best TPU Case for RAZR is the Nillkin. You can find on eBay (like THIS). (Make sure to search for "Nillkin TPU Razr" because Nillkin makes hard cases as well.)

Case comes in solid matte black and transparent blue, clear, or gray. Grips on side. Precision cutouts for everything. High-quality without the seams or "nubs" present on other TPU cases. Adds almost nothing to profile or weight of phone, but protects phone.

Takes about 2 weeks to receive, but worth it! I got the transparent gray, which allows the good-looking Kevlar back to show through.

Looks similar to what VZW sells. I have the semi-transparent black one. looks good. Added a ZAGG screen protector.
    12-22-2011 01:07 PM
    I put an otterbox defender on mine. I love the protection and need a belt clip so it's perfect for me. Very nice combo, much thinner than my X with the defender.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    12-22-2011 03:44 PM
    I am loving the qmadix case and holster. It keeps the phone thin. Even thinner than the vzw silicone cases
    12-22-2011 09:17 PM
    I ordered a cheap case off of Amazon. I'm being super, super careful until I get it, because I know it's only a matter of time, and I need to have something protecting it when, not 'if', I drop it. I'm also getting a screen protector for the same reason.
    12-23-2011 06:27 AM
    I am loving the qmadix case and holster. It keeps the phone thin. Even thinner than the vzw silicone cases
    I tried the Qmadix holster and did not like how loose the phone was in the holster. It would fall out if I would turn it upside down so I sent it back and got a Seidio surface combo and love it great holster.
    12-23-2011 08:52 AM
    No. I'm not a case person. OG Droid was never in a case either.
    12-28-2011 10:20 AM
    Yeah depending on my mood I have the clear plastic snap on case, slippery kinda but looks good.
    The shell holster combo with the clip snapped off just in case I wanna carry it in my pocket.
    Also the silicone case just in case.
    12-28-2011 10:26 AM
    I use Diztronic's TPU case and I love it. It's cheap, doesn't add much bulk to the phone, and easily removable for when you want to mount the RAZR to the car dock (unfortunately the car dock won't allow any cases without modification). Here's a link to pictures of the case:

Diztronic TPU Case rocks
    Sweet I like the way the front shines
    12-28-2011 10:33 AM
    I first tried out the OtterBOX Defender. It is extremely bulky. It is well constructed and seems to do the job sufficiently but I just can't get over how large it made the RAZR. It is almost laughable that the "thinnest" Droid out there takes on so much bulk with the Defender. I just purchased the OtterBOX Commuter and it is much sleeker. It provides a sufficient amount of protection without taking too much away from the RAZR form factor. I own the white RAZR and both the Defender and Commuter completely cover the white parts. if you don't need a belt clip, then the Commuter is the way to go in my opinion. Based on my personal experience with the Commuter thus far, I highly recommend it.
    12-29-2011 01:53 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD