I guess maybe I should have gotten the Razr

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I picked up a Nexus and while it is a nice phone I have a couple things about it that make me think maybe I should have gotten a Razr instead.

Coming from an iPhone 4s this Nexus feels like I am toting around a tablet, not a phone.

But the things that is killing me the most is that I have had 3 random restarts/reboots on this phone. Like just sitting here, glance over and see the Google logo and then the boot sequence......

So frustrating

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
yeah I have until Jan 15th to see if this things straightens itself out otherwise I may end up doing that.

ReAp

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I usually have buyer's remorse, but definitely not with the RAZR, I love this phone and wouldn't trade it for any other phone.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You shouldn't be getting any reboots I have had the Nexus since launch and have had none. I would go back to Verizon for a replacement but first maybe try a factory reset which I'm sure Verizon will have you do first.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
The random reboots you are getting most likely is not from the phone but from an app that was not updated to "play nice" with ICS. I would wipe the phone and use it without loading any apps on it for a few days and see if the reboots stop.

ICS is still very new and a lot of apps are still not optimized for it and are either crashing when loaded on ICS or causing all sorts of problems.

Reactions: Broncosaurus

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I definitely agree with trading it in for a Razr, especially if getting a strong signal is a requirement for you. Motos have always had superior radios.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
That Nexus could just be a lemon. I would try exchanging it first. There are thread(s) about RAZrRs rebooting too.

My screen just became unresponsive the other day. I was on the car charger so dont know if that was the problem.

I agree about reception tho. One reason I'm a Moto fan. I can actually use my phone as a phone to make n receive calls in weak reception areas.

corrsfan

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I already made the change...the final straw was sitting in the doctor's office with my wife for an hour, where her 4gs was surfing the entire time, whereas my nexus could not get a connection. After 6 days of shoddy signals, I could take no more. I'll be happier with the razr once its running ICS, but at least now I have a signal.

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Verizon and Samsung has been saying that the reception issue doesn't really exist, it's merely the phone inaccurately displaying the signal strength.

I never believed that statement and your post seems to verify my being skeptical. Samsung has always been know for inferior radios.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Bigpopa71

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I usually have buyer's remorse, but definitely not with the RAZR, I love this phone and wouldn't trade it for any other phone.

I almost had remorse. I almost took it back and got the white RAZR but it wouldnt look as sick sitting in the car dock of my 2011 Camaro so I kept it!:cool:

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Glad I stumbled on this thread. But after a few tweaks the GN is fast. Although the Razr software is more optimuzed. My question is this. As far as web browsing which text is more legible. The GN text is bigger but which do u feel is more legible. I know that this may seem crazy but please opinions. Also where the reception of calls are more reliable than my DC it has been intermittenly spotty with the GN.
Im torn between screens. Is there that much difference between the two. Also imo the Razr screen has a better backlighting. Thoughts please

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I found that on my Nexus, especially the icons and font in the notification bar, it was too SMALL for my liking. At time I had to squint to see if it was a 3G or 4G icon and the temperature was all but unreadable because it was too small.