So the Razr is dropping $100?

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
At CES Moto announces the Razr MAXX and Razr in purple. Release says Razr in purple will be $199.

Now reading Phone Scoops article they say the original Razr as well as white and purple will only have 16GB of storage as opposed to 32GB that the current Razr being sold has.

So maybe that explains the $100 price drop?!?!

Can anyone confirm any of this?

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Now reading Phone Scoops article they say the original Razr as well as white and purple will only have 16GB of storage as opposed to 32GB that the current Razr being sold has.

Read it carefully. The Razr Maxx has 32 gb internal memory. On the other hand, all Droid Razrs - past, present, and future - have only 16 gb of internal memory (plus a 16 gb Micro SD card). I got mine on 11-11 and it only has 16 gb internal storage.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
At CES Moto announces the Razr MAXX and Razr in purple. Release says Razr in purple will be $199.

So maybe that explains the $100 price drop?!?!

So does anyone know when the $100 price drop is going to happen? Also they didn't release a date for the purple Razr. I'd like to exchange my black one for the purple, but my time is ticking away for my exchange period at Best Buy.

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
It only said in the coming weeks.

They did the same thing to the Bionic once the Razr came out, in terms of dropping the price. It looks like all three colors of the Razr will be $199 instead of $299.

If I were you, and you have a fallback, I would return the Razr you have, and then wait the time to get the color you want, for $100 less, which would net you $65.

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
It only said in the coming weeks.

They did the same thing to the Bionic once the Razr came out, in terms of dropping the price. It looks like all three colors of the Razr will be $199 instead of $299.

If I were you, and you have a fallback, I would return the Razr you have, and then wait the time to get the color you want, for $100 less, which would net you $65.

I bought it at best buy, and someone told me they don't have a restocking fee.

But my problem is that I started a new line of service. So if I cancel the line and try to restart it in a few weeks, that's going to be a mess. Not to mention I'll be paying the activation fee twice.

Hopefully I'll get lucky and they might release it before my return period expires. I think it stinks that Verizon changed their return period to 14 days. 30 days as been a standard for most businesses for a long time.

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Read it carefully. The Razr Maxx has 32 gb internal memory. On the other hand, all Droid Razrs - past, present, and future - have only 16 gb of internal memory (plus a 16 gb Micro SD card). I got mine on 11-11 and it only has 16 gb internal storage.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

Actually, if you go to the Motorola Mobility website and look at the specs, it shows that the RAZR MAXX has 16GB onboard memory, and comes with a 16GB MicroSD card (MicroSD will take up to 32 GB card size though).

So, as far as memory, it is the same as the Droid RAZR. The only difference is the bigger battery, and now the RAZR is $100 cheaper.

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Even though Verizon has a 14 day trial period now. But does anyone know if Best Buy has a 14 day or 30 day return/exchange period for Verizon Phones?

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
According to Andorid Central the "regular" Razr will all be $199 once the Maxx is out. The difference is that the Razr will no longer come with ANY SD card.

So .....

Razr Maxx with 16GB/16GB SD card = $299
White, Black and Purple Razr with 16GB/NO SD card = $199