Hows the screen holding up with scratches?

gwtiff54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I currently have the thunderbolt. I will be getting the MAXX when it comes out. How is the screen holding up with scratches on your RAZOR? Do you have a screen protector or going naked? Thanks so much!!!

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I've had the RAZR since the launch in November. Never put any case or screen protector on, and it still looks as good as the day I got it, not a scratch to be found. Screen has held up very well. Enjoy your RAZR MAXX and that beast battery.

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
As long as you take care of it. Don't treat it as an old Nokia phone from 5 yrs ago and it will be fine

Sent from my HTC Edge using Tapatalk

trimax84

May 13, 2010
Visit site
First cell I haven't put a case and screen protector on and it's great! Naturally I am very careful (as with all my phones). Smudges/dust wipes away very easily too.
Thought about the Maxx (since I bought my Razr not too long ago), but didn't want to sacrifice the current style....love the size and weight of the current Razr...main reason I went with this over the Nexus.

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I used to go naked with my thunderbolt. that is until the day I dropped it 5 feet onto a concrete floor and broke the display, and no insurance. I replaced it with the Razr. Decided to put the verizon brand black hard silicone case on it, and then added a zagg screen protector. Love the case, not so wild about the zagg protector.

I suspect the hard silicone case will protect from most falls. havent decided yet how long I will keep the zagg screen protector on. I got some pretty bad gouges on my thunderbolt, which was supposedly gorrilla glass too, so thats why I put the screen protector on this phone.

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have the Droid X, which has gorilla glass. I used to have a screen protector on it, but did not like how it dulled it, so I took it off over one year ago and I have no scratches on it. I do have a soft gel case on it to protect it when falling, but nothing else (and yes, I have dropped it too many times to tell).

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
My screen had been lightly scratched and dropped a few times... I finally broke the screen dropping it from 18" onto a rocky pavement... Got my new one yesterday from assurion.. Tpu case and screen protector on their way... I don't blame the phone for finally breaking but I don't have another $100 for next time.

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My friends has several light scratches but only noticeable in light. My RAZR that I have had since launch is flawless. I do use a Ultra Slim case by Sena when its in my pocket. No extra bulk yet phone is kept in excellent condition. I have never been a fan of screen protectors so I go this route.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

waffleman

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
After I purchased my Razr, I decided not to put any screen protector since it has the "tough" Gorilla glass.
I mostly keep my Razr on my desk, kitchen counter top, or in my shirt pocket, so little chance of anything happening. Low and behold, the other day I went to the grocery store and put my phone in the front pocket of my coat where there was a small plastic phone battery Next thing I know, there's a deep scratch on the screen :'( , near the bottom (not too far from the verizon logo).

So, I've lost all confidence on the durability of this Gorilla screen. The battery in my pocket was all plastic, small, fairly light, and no metallic prongs sticking out anywhere. :-X

Luckily, the scratch is at the bottom of the screen. I subsequently purchased a screen protector (Steinheil ultra) which I am very happy with in that I have not noticed any decrease in picture quality...and can no longer see the scratch on my screen. :)

Amazon.com: SGP Motorola DROID RAZR / DROID RAZR MAXX Screen Protector Steinheil Ultra Series [Ultra Crystal]: Cell Phones & Accessories

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I put an Invisishield from zagg on mine on day one as I do all my phones. Also have slim PT case on it as I do all phones.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk