RAZR Dead Mic Poor Service

DancesWithFarts

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
all 4g lte phones on verizon's network have connection issues. vzw rushed the lte network into service, and now it's showing.

i've experienced it with my bionic and GN.

DancesWithFarts

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Ahh! I see its true for just me then! Thanks for the fast reply! Yeah I prefer quality rather than number of areas with the network that loose signal ALOT.

you're welcome.

it's funny how many people are returning their phones because they don't think to look at the network as the cause of the issues. lol

my friends have the same exact things happening on their vzw phones too. sometimes at the same time, and sometimes not.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
all 4g lte phones on verizon's network have connection issues. vzw rushed the lte network into service, and now it's showing.

i've experienced it with my bionic and GN.

I think it depends on the area you're in. If you're in an extended 4G area, you may have an issue. I am always in a direct service area and rarely if ever lose any sort of connection. The one exception was that nationwide outage a bit ago. I'm located in the suburbs just south of Chicago.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
it's funny how many people are returning their phones because they don't think to look at the network as the cause of the issues.
Actually, the fault there is VZW's. They adveritize and tell their employees to tout that they have 4G coverage, neglecting to tell anyone about extended 4G and how limited the 4G in a particular area is. They deserve the returns.

AND they use repeaters in their stores, which is DECEPTIVE.

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
and verizon had a double your data for the same price deal. So i decided to get a new phone.

Call the Orderings and Activations line 1-877-807-4646 then ask to add feature code #76153, which will add a $30/mo mobile hotspot feature. That will also switch you to unlimited data. Then go in to your account online and remove the mobile hotspot feature. You will be left with unlimited data for $29.99/mo.

DancesWithFarts

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Actually, the fault there is VZW's. They adveritize and tell their employees to tout that they have 4G coverage, neglecting to tell anyone about extended 4G and how limited the 4G in a particular area is. They deserve the returns.

AND they use repeaters in their stores, which is DECEPTIVE.

yeah their employees are about as knowledgeable about cell phones as a 104 year old woman lol

what do you mean by repeater phones? they swap for used ones and tell people they're brand new?

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
yeah their employees are about as knowledgeable about cell phones as a 104 year old woman lol
Or a 104 yo man, eh?

At one of my local VZW stores, one of their SAs is a person who used to work in one of my favorite restaurants in town, no technical background at all. Now this person is selling phones. I am not saying you can't train people, you can, but this person when I spoke to them in the VZW store, it was like they were reading a script that they didn't understand.

what do you mean by repeater phones? they swap for used ones and tell people they're brand new?
Not a repeater phone, a repeater. It is a signal booster. They use them in the stores to boost the signals. Google repeater and see what I am talking about if you want to know more.

DancesWithFarts

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Or a 104 yo man, eh?

At one of my local VZW stores, one of their SAs is a person who used to work in one of my favorite restaurants in town, no technical background at all. Now this person is selling phones. I am not saying you can't train people, you can, but this person when I spoke to them in the VZW store, it was like they were reading a script that they didn't understand.

Not a repeater phone, a repeater. It is a signal booster. They use them in the stores to boost the signals. Google repeater and see what I am talking about if you want to know more.

oh, right.

i've heard the signal booster theory before, but i have to say i don't believe it. it could be they use it at some stores, but all the stores i've been to had most of their phones showing at least 1-2 bars missing. this is verizon, i mean. not sure about the others.

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
oh, right.

i've heard the signal booster theory before, but i have to say i don't believe it. it could be they use it at some stores, but all the stores i've been to had most of their phones showing at least 1-2 bars missing. this is verizon, i mean. not sure about the others.
We have 2 corporate stores not too far apart where I live. 1 they obviously use a repeater, the other I don't think they do.

DancesWithFarts

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
We have 2 corporate stores not too far apart where I live. 1 they obviously use a repeater, the other I don't think they do.

now that i can believe. maybe stores where the vzw signal kinda sux, or high volume stores.

that would be deceptive. selling people their phones and service in an area where the signal strength sux.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol