Strange gmail problem today

WilburNJ

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
FINAL EDIT: Never mind! :) Just got "Email" and "My Accounts" to recognize my gmail username & password again (after some dozen tries), and it's now up and running normally. I have no idea why it went down (when the "Gmail" app did not), but oh well.

Hi folks,

I'm hoping someone can help me with an issue that just popped up this morning. I use the generic "Email" app to manage 2 email accounts: a gmail personal account and a corporate exchange account.

For some reason, the gmail account is not sync'ing, but my corporate account is doing just fine. Interestingly, when I open the dedicated "Gmail" app, it works just fine.

I can't really reset that primary gmail account by deleting and adding it because it's my primary google account and I would need to do a factory refresh to delete that account. And, I don't feel like spending the time to set up my phone from scratch again.

Even more strange, when I open the "My Accounts" app and open the gmail account that is not refreshing in the "Email" app, the password I try to enter does not work (I get a error that says something like "your username or password do not match"), but when I go to gmail.com on my PC, my password works just fine.

So, it appears that just the "Email" app is not working correctly for some reason, as is the ability of "My Accounts" to sync my password for that gmail account with the google server.

Anyone else having that problem? Any solutions you might suggest?

Thanks!

EDIT: I was actually able to delete the gmail account within "My Accounts" -- I guess i just can't delete the google account (with the same username) without doing a factory reset. But, when I tried to add that account into my "Email" app, I get the same message that my username and password cannot be authenticated by the server. Again, my "Gmail" app and "K-9 Mail" (which I just set up) are working fine with this gmail account.... Thanks.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon