Razr camera not working?

anon(659117)

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Whenever I try to use my camera it just shows black and then it crashes. Apps that use the camera don't work either, including flashlight apps that use the flash. Does anyone know what's wrong or how to fix it?

johndm78

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I had downloaded a upc scanner app. red laser our something I think it was called, and at some point my camera started doing the same thing coming on with black screen for a few second then crashing resetting the phone only helped for a day I deleted that app and one other don't remember what that one was, reset my phone and haven't had a problem since. Might be worth a shot.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All tab > Camera > Clear data... then try rebooting... then try the camera again.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I've rebooted multiple times, cleared the data for the camera, and removed all of the camera apps but it still doesn't work.

First, do you still have any apps that USE the camera app???

Secondly, did you remove all these apps, then clear data in the Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All tab > Camera... then reboot, and then try just the Camera app???

anon(659117)

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
First, do you still have any apps that USE the camera app???

Secondly, did you remove all these apps, then clear data in the Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All tab > Camera... then reboot, and then try just the Camera app???
Yes I removed all the apps that use the camera and cleared the data, but it still doesn't work.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
If I were to do a reset how would I backup/restore everything?

If you were already rooted I'd recommend using Titanium Backup... but if you are not, then you can Backup Assistant will only back up some information... other than that you will have to download most everything from the Market again... and hopefully you have all your contacts, & calendar on Gmail which will restore automatically when you log into your Gmail account.

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
My camera didn't work before and I did a factory reset. And it fixed it. Now every thing was going great and now my camcorder doesn't wanna work. Camera is OK. But not camcorder. I don't wanna do another factory reset.

Sent from my HTC Edge using Tapatalk

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I cleared data and now my camera won't work. Damn I don't wanna do. Factory reset. Too much time and hassle.

Sent from my HTC Edge using Tapatalk

onebrucelee

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I have the same phone doing the same thing, i had update probably not the problem not sure anyway i removed all apps didnt change anything just a waste of time, hooked to my computer copied all did factory reset at verizon still no camera so they said same as i figured "stuck shutter" so they sending me a new one and i can keep this one. So yes dont waste your time.

Papa Lennie

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
When I try to go to the camera app, it would flash a blank screen and then go back to the main screen. I cleared the camera data and rebooted and now the camera and flash works.:D

tarthur

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
the camera in my droid razr stopped working about a week ago, reverting to the home screen every time i tried to use it. i tried every suggestion short of factory reset. i decided i would go to the vzw store today. BUT. last night i forgot to plug in the charger before bed. when i woke up, the phone was dead dead dead, so i charged it up and turned it on. about an hour later i noticed the phone was unusually cool to the touch but it was on and fully charged. on a hunch, i tried the camera. BiNGo! i can't explain it, but it works now. maybe worth a try to let the juice run out completely and restart? btw, it's still very cool to the touch. stange.