Bluetooth Peripheral Device

reyxlp

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know how to get Bluetooth fully up and running between their Droid Razr and PC?

I want to transfer files via Bluetooth back and forth, Razr <--> PC.

(Yes, I know there are other ways besides Bluetooth.)

Screen_Hunter_01_Jan_29_13_14.jpg

Note the red X's for missing "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" drivers.

(I think I previously solved this with another phone by installing Windows Mobile Device Center Update 6.1 when I was using Vista. I'm now running Win 7 Ultimate 64 but I only see the Vista 64 version available from Microsoft though it does list W764 as supported. I installed the update but it doesn't show up in the installed programs list in Control Panel and I feel like I remember seeing it there when I had installed it under Vista. Don't know if this matters -- anyone know how to verify proper install of this update? Yes, I did get the x64 ver...)

If anyone has any help they're willing to offer, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

mshults99

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Having the same exact problem. Any help out there?

My goal is different, however: I want to be able to connect my RAZR via either Bluetooth or USB to my laptop so that I can use my laptop headset (or speakers/microphone) to interact with calls that have been completed to the cell phone.

Just so you don't think I'm completely nuts, I use VoIP a lot from my laptop, and I have a very high quality headset for that, and it's a pain to have to switch to the phone headset or built-in speaker/mic when it rings.

Most of the documentation for PC/phone connection seems to assume that all you want to do with the PC is use it as a data source, not as a peripheral device for the phone.

Thoughts?

cceller

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Well ... just my luck ... I am looking for assistance with the same issue. I want to connect my Razr to my PC via Bluetooth and am running into the same issue as the original poster - no driver?

I am running 64bit Windows 7 ... Windows can tell it is a Razr but can't fully connect or pair because of the driver issue.

Thanks,

Chad

jimdibb

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Having the same exact problem. Any help out there?

My goal is different, however: I want to be able to connect my RAZR via either Bluetooth or USB to my laptop so that I can use my laptop headset (or speakers/microphone) to interact with calls that have been completed to the cell phone.

Just so you don't think I'm completely nuts, I use VoIP a lot from my laptop, and I have a very high quality headset for that, and it's a pain to have to switch to the phone headset or built-in speaker/mic when it rings.

Most of the documentation for PC/phone connection seems to assume that all you want to do with the PC is use it as a data source, not as a peripheral device for the phone.

Thoughts?

I do not think you are going to get that to work. You're asking the PC to proxy audio over Bluetooth. Generally Bluetooth is connecting a peripheral directly, not providing a peripheral forwarding service.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois