has anyone got any more info about the soak test for the razr...moto said one was coming but I never heard anything back about it so I dont know if its started yet or not
    01-30-2012 11:32 PM
    I got the email with the survey, the first one and that's all I've heard.
    01-31-2012 07:58 AM
    Have not heard back since they sent the survey email.
    01-31-2012 07:37 PM
    That was about a week ago. I forget the deadline date but it might have just passed. I'd say give it another week.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    01-31-2012 07:59 PM
    BTW, the soak test is almost certainly not ICS. There's a newer Gingerbread 2.3.6 build floating around (.173) that's supposed to address some of the remaining data issues as well as some other usability fixes. The upcoming soak test is almost certain to be this, or a slightly updated version, and hopefully going full OTA soon. While we saw an early build for the GSM version, I wouldn't expect Motorola to consider their ICS build "complete" for at least another month.
    Jay61rd likes this.
    01-31-2012 11:36 PM
    I guess Verizon is holding up the test.
    02-01-2012 05:44 AM
    BTW, the soak test is almost certainly not ICS. There's a newer Gingerbread 2.3.6 build floating around (.173) that's supposed to address some of the remaining data issues as well as some other usability fixes. The upcoming soak test is almost certain to be this, or a slightly updated version, and hopefully going full OTA soon. While we saw an early build for the GSM version, I wouldn't expect Motorola to consider their ICS build "complete" for at least another month.
    I might be in the minority here but I am not so sure that the soak test isn't ICS. My thinking is why would Moto/Verizon push out a 2.3.6 update - with all of the costs and potential problems that comes with an OTA - only to push ICS a month later? Just because a leak 2.3.6 was found doesn't really make anything certain. Companies often have build versions that never get pushed to the masses. My guess is that they will incorporate all of the improvements from the leak into ICS and just do one big update. That would make sense, no?

Just my opinion.
    02-01-2012 09:01 AM
    Either way, you need to push your own 2.3.6 ... The phone is now working flawlessly!
    02-01-2012 10:14 AM
    I received an email from Motorola that I was selected for the soak test. Shortly thereafter I got the pop-up window on my phone to download the update. It us 2.3.6.
    02-06-2012 10:20 PM
    The update is now being pushed to all RAZR's. You should have it shortly. Make sure you are stock and that you have the Voodoo rootkeeper or you will lose root access.
    02-06-2012 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD