Razr gets wrong location - What's up

netefx

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I implemented Smart Actions based on location. For a while this worked as expected. Now the Razr gets the location wrong much of the time. The 173 update didn't seem to make any different in this regard.

Google maps seems correct, but Smart Actions and OpenSignalMaps seem to have it wrong. There appear to be more that one notion of location. Does anyone understand this?

When I run the task manager, I see the Verizon Location Agent running. Anyone know what this is for? I have all four location services enabled. Thanks.

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem here...WiFi has to be on for location based smart actions so that works fine but with Foursquare, it never tells me the right location, all four gps services on as well. I thought it was only me.

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I kinda have a problem with the compass. It is not calibrated right or something. Such as Google sky map. Or street view compass mode.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

tazntampa

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
OMG, this is driving me Insane. I live in Tampa, Florida and have been encountering GPS Location issues sporadically in the past. However, this week starting on Monday my RAZR thinks I've been in the following places: Cullen, AL (USA), Prairie-something, MD (USA), Rimouski, Quebec (Canada - Ironically been here physically in the past), Chengguan - Xinzheng (China), Albuquerque, NM (USA), Hefei, Anhui, (China) and as of this post Auckland, New Zealand!!!!

All 4 location services running - bizarre. It was kinda cute at first but not so funny anymore and about to really get me P-O'd!

If anyone finds what the cause PLEASE let me know!

:mad: