Just got a RAZR but torn.

Schufly

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
The wife and I just joined up with Verizon yesterday. I got the RAZR, she got the Iphone 4s. The RAZR is incredible. Thin, fast as heck, huge screen. But her iPhone is cool too. That Siri is the shiznet. Considering swapping out for one. Any thoughts?

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Is your wife going to be happy if a pretty voice gets you excited?

I think not.

Seriously, friends at work with Siri were all giddy and having her jump through all sorts of hoops the first week. Now? Not so much. Maybe they're just keeping it to themselves, but I'm guessing that the novelty wears off pretty quickly.

The screen size was a deal buster for me. YMMV.

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
You need to seriously consider how much you will ACTUALLY use Siri. There are several Android apps that are similar so I tried them out. The novelty wears off real fast.

Siri is more of a gimmick than a long term useful tool IMO. I feel it's easier to scroll to my calendar than to activate an app and what my day is like. Same with weather, etc.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

androidcore

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
The wife and I just joined up with Verizon yesterday. I got the RAZR, she got the Iphone 4s. The RAZR is incredible. Thin, fast as heck, huge screen. But her iPhone is cool too. That Siri is the shiznet. Considering swapping out for one. Any thoughts?

SIRI.. whatever.... try "speaktoit"... at least she (or he) has a customizable picture and voice quality.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

piaband

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I was also torn for about two seconds. Then they told me the 2gb data double special doesnt double on the iphone. AND I saw the two phones side by side. the iphone looks so tiny. Not sure I can go to a screen like that after having a 4+" screen

I agree with everyone else. Siri gets old fast. Even the voice to text on ICS got old. Its cool for certain situations, but most of the time it is quicker just to use the keypad.

I am now torn between the Galaxy Nexus and the Razr Maxx. I have a Nexus S right now. Not sure I want to deal with the poor quality radios in Samsung equipment again. And I love the battery life I'm hearing about.

DancesWithFarts

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
siri is a marketing gimmick, and a successful one at that.

for me however, it's useless. the only time i talk to my phone is in the google search engine. i don't need or care if my phone talks back with a futuristic voice. big woop.

4g beats anything iphone has to offer at the moment-hands down.

xpsbrenden

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
i had an iphone 4s and used siri maybe 10 times.....its not worth is unless your a teenage girl who wants to look cool. Trust me the novelty will run off in about a week and i wouldnt trade LTE for siri.

socarwolverine

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Compare all the features each phone has and see which one comes out on top. Jumping from phone to phone for one "cool" feature isn't really worth it, at least not to me, but to each his own.

waffleman

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I've had the Razr for almost 2 months now. Absolutely no regrets, even when the apple people show off their iPhone, which they tend to keep doing (what's with the Iphone people constantly showing off their phones anyways, do they have low confidence or something?).