Battery Charging case?

joelvin

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
So far, I love everything about my DROID RAZR except for the battery life. I tried to return the phone back to Verizon to get the "MAXXX" version, but they said I was outside of my return time. I've used JuiceDefender, Smart Actions and all of those apps, but my battery still barley lasts a day, even when the only thing i'm doing is checking my twitter/facebook/sending a few texts. My friend has an iPhone, and has a case on it that charges the battery(the case suction cups to the back of the phone). I was wondering if any company makes something like that for the droid razr because it's really annoying to have to carry around my charger everywhere. I know they have the Power Pack http://www.shopandroid.com/motorola-power-pack/8A171A8146.htm but that's not really what I was looking for.

- Joel

androidcore

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Here is the battery Tip thread...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-razr/133276-battery-life-tips-tricks.html

Its a smartphone. Not a flip phone. Not a Feature Messaging phone. Battery will last 6 hours on average. 8 to 10 if your lucky.. But not any more than that. Its just a fact of life. Sorry. Brightness, 4G, WIFI, Push notifications, syncs, email checks, social networking widgets, email widgets, live wallpaper, etc all drain battery! I suggest getting WatchDog to see apps are eating your CPU/Battery. Then modifying those app settings.

as for your battery case, here are some links...

Droid razr battery case

Battery case for razr. Heard of one? - xda-developers

as for the Morphies and PowerSkins your talking about... they exist for Motorola droid x and x2 only. Sorry

PowerSkin Battery Cases | PowerSkin

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Here is the battery Tip thread...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-razr/133276-battery-life-tips-tricks.html

Its a smartphone. Not a flip phone. Not a Feature Messaging phone. Battery will last 6 hours on average. 8 to 10 if your lucky.. But not any more than that. Its just a fact of life. Sorry. Brightness, 4G, WIFI, Push notifications, syncs, email checks, social networking widgets, email widgets, live wallpaper, etc all drain battery! I suggest getting WatchDog to see apps are eating your CPU/Battery. Then modifying those app settings.

as for your battery case, here are some links...

Droid razr battery case

Battery case for razr. Heard of one? - xda-developers

as for the Morphies and PowerSkins your talking about... they exist for Motorola droid x and x2 only. Sorry

PowerSkin Battery Cases | PowerSkin

I get easily 16 hours of battery life with my Razr and get a solid 32 hours out of my OG HTC Evo 4g. Also there is a way to look at what is eating your battery without downloading an app which is just gonna eat even more battery once you download it, might not be much but its using the CPU so its using battery life.

Btw go to menu>settings>battery information>battery use.

Didn't read the link but your best opinions are to turn down your screen as lowest it will go or at least set on auto brightness. Turn 4g off that doesnt make a huge difference on checking social network apps but will make a huge difference on your battery life. Turn off push notifications or make sure its not trying to sync every 15 mins. Turn if off or set.it to like 3 of 6 hours. Watch the apps you download and use. Some apps are battery hogs and will drain that battery. I have noticed that talking on this phone for 20 mins uses more battery than tapatalk or web browsing for 2 house. I don't understand it but it does. Keep wifi off when not in use same as for Bluetooth. You can turn GPS off also but I just keep mine on. If you keep your phone on vibrate and you are texting someone pretty regular rate that will kill your battery faster. Takes more to power the vibrator then it does as a speaker. Same goes for vibrating feedback while typing, this is taking power and energy it doesnt really need and draining the battery.

Also if you are willing, they are reordering Droid Razr to Razr Maxxx conversion kits. Thread little ways down for more info.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC