ICS Leak Up & Running on RAZR!!!

SF DINC

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Guys over at XDA have the instructions on how to get ICS 4.0.3 up and running on our RAZR's.......I did it and all is up and running......am rooted and let me just say the UI is GREAT, and BEAUTIFUL......thanks credit should go to arcanexvi and mattlgroff, for coming up with this.
yalkowni awesome How to get Ice Cream Sandwich leak on your cdma RAZR - xda-developers

BuildInfo.png

Lockscreen.png

Homescreen-1.png

Last edited:

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Seen this already. You know it pushes out on the 4th for an official release or at least that's what was leaked.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Seen this already. You know it pushes out on the 4th for an official release or at least that's what was leaked.

I wouldn't count on that, at least for the masses. The soak test e-mails just went out and we don't know when we will get the test update. From the last one I did, the testing goes on for about a week to 10 days before it's released to everyone. I would expect the actual date to be the middle of April.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Just curious, but what happens when the update rolls out to your maxx and you already have the leak on? Or would it just see the file as already updated and not even bother you?

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It won't roll out to you. Versions won't match so it wont recognize the update usually. If the leak is a different version from final release, you'll be off the OTA path. Then you have to roll back or some other method to get updated.

cubus

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't count on that, at least for the masses. The soak test e-mails just went out and we don't know when we will get the test update. From the last one I did, the testing goes on for about a week to 10 days before it's released to everyone. I would expect the actual date to be the middle of April.

the two most recent soak tests lasted two days. So i'm expecting to see my update today for wed release. Of course maybe they would like to soak such a massive update a bit longer...

Goofypook

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Well I took the plunge and now have ICS... Only problem is I forgot to back up my root!!!!:'( Now I am without root, and have no Idea how to downgrade back to stock??? any suggestions.

SF DINC

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Well I took the plunge and now have ICS... Only problem is I forgot to back up my root!!!!:'( Now I am without root, and have no Idea how to downgrade back to stock??? any suggestions.

Use RAZR utility roll back, reroot, start over i had to, hasn't root now running perfect!

Last edited:

Goofypook

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! also I saw on their that it has a root option for ICS? couldnt I technically just reroot what I already have without going back wards?

Goofypook

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
No the root does not work. Roll back to .173 then re-root then save root with RootKeeper.

Ok, so I tried step one, and went into Fastboot AP, and when I hit enter I get an error on all the files it trying to push and it reboots? am I missing something obvious here??

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
How is battery life on ics? I know its supposed to be better, but is it an improvement like going from 2.0 to 2.1? Or barely noticeable,?

SF DINC

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
How is battery life on ics? I know its supposed to be better, but is it an improvement like going from 2.0 to 2.1? Or barely noticeable,?

Report back in a few days...appears to be a bit better, but i have been using it more than normal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance