Ice Cream Sandwich-Let's Get Serious

Status
Not open for further replies.

roachman55

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
With all these crazy names like Ice Cream Sandwich, Gingerbread, Jelly Bean and Froyo how can you expect anything to work properly? What did a kid come up with these names? I have had problems with Froyo and GB when added to my phones that didn't come with it. Why not give these OS a professional name instead of food.

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
With all these crazy names like Ice Cream Sandwich, Gingerbread, Jelly Bean and Froyo how can you expect anything to work properly? What did a kid come up with these names? I have had problems with Froyo and GB when added to my phones that didn't come with it. Why not give these OS a professional name instead of food.

Please tell me you're not serious. You really think the name has ANYTHING to do with how it works? LOL!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
In software development it is quite common to give releases "codenames". Google just makes theirs more public. Some of Microsoft's codename for windows releases have been based off a ski resort names (Whistler and Blackcomb).

Reactions: jroc

roachman55

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Come on are you serious thinking I was serious about the name having problems with OS? No I'm not serious but really the names are quite whacko!

roachman55

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I realize that but the names they have been using is crazy, no wonder IPhone is outselling all the Android phones and it is posted on Gotta Be Mobile site

roachman55

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
iPhone Outsells All Android Phones Combined at Sprint and AT&T
Posted: 02 Apr 2012 03:12 PM PDT
iPhone Outsells All Android Phones Combined at Sprint and AT&T is a post by Shawn Ingram from Gotta Be Mobile.
Despite Android gaining ground, the iPhone is still selling very well. The iPhone might have even outsold all Android phones combined on AT&T and Sprint.
The stats come from All Things D, reporting on Canaccord Genuity estimates, which estimates that the iPhone is the top-selling smartphone on all three US carriers that support it. It has apparently sold so well on AT&T and Sprint that it has outsold all other smartphones combined on those carriers.
On Verizon, the iPhone faces competition from the Droid lineup. The iPhone 4S is still the top-selling smartphone on the carrier but phones like the Droid RAZR, RAZR MAXX, and Galaxy Nexus are also sell very well. But, according to these same charts, the iPhone 4S even outsells the combination of the RAZR and RAZR MAXX.

digsy13

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
iPhone Outsells All Android Phones Combined at Sprint and AT&T is a post by Shawn Ingram from Gotta Be Mobile.
Despite Android gaining ground, the iPhone is still selling very well. The iPhone might have even outsold all Android phones combined on AT&T and Sprint.
The stats come from All Things D, reporting on Canaccord Genuity estimates, which estimates that the iPhone is the top-selling smartphone on all three US carriers that support it. It has apparently sold so well on AT&T and Sprint that it has outsold all other smartphones combined on those carriers.
On Verizon, the iPhone faces competition from the Droid lineup. The iPhone 4S is still the top-selling smartphone on the carrier but phones like the Droid RAZR, RAZR MAXX, and Galaxy Nexus are also sell very well. But, according to these same charts, the iPhone 4S even outsells the combination of the RAZR and RAZR MAXX.

Hahaha!!!

Who knew there'd be a "market" for Android trolling!

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site

And we're supposed to care why? I don't care which sells more, only that I have the one I prefer.

roachman55

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
And we're supposed to care why? I don't care which sells more, only that I have the one I prefer.

I would think you should care. Apple doesn't have all these silly names for OS and they dont have the problems they have with android and all the new updates like Froyo and Gingerbread

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
apple does so have problems too they aren't perfect the apple store has viruses and malware too some iPhones lag and they are easy breakable both my cousins have iPhones and don't know shi bout the specs just got em to be cool smh lol

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

roachman55

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I know Apple does have problems too but nothing compared to Android. And I also know people with IPhones and it really does seem like a better phone plus they are not constantly charging throughout the day as I have with Razr and the other two smart phones I have had

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I would think you should care. Apple doesn't have all these silly names for OS and they dont have the problems they have with android and all the new updates like Froyo and Gingerbread

LOL. I'm good with Android. My wife and son both have the iPhone and I wouldn't trade my Android for an iPhone for anything.

Personally, I don't care what the call the OS.

Kragbax

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
The irony here is Apple has a locked market on their hardware and OS, which I believe they were against in the PC market years ago with microsoft owning the OS and browser.
Of COURSE Apple has few issues! One hardware line they control. Only one OS they control.
Me, I prefer having options.

Reactions: androidcore

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
The irony here is Apple has a locked market on their hardware and OS, which I believe they were against in the PC market years ago with microsoft owning the OS and browser.
Of COURSE Apple has few issues! One hardware line they control. Only one OS they control.
Me, I prefer having options.

I agree with having options.

I have no idea why someone would come into an Android thread talking about how much better iOS is than Android. Makes no sense to me.

lordielordie

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

Ice cream sandwich and such name are internal code names for the use of a development team. The offical name on ICS is Android 4

Every development lab uses code name for the product, typically it has a theme too (In the Android case, sweets). Even more traditional and more conservative companies use such code names. I worked for IBM (as blue as they come) 25 years ago and we used "cute" code names for our projects..

sj993

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

I for one, am very happy with every Android device I have had, whether it was running Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb and I'm sure I will be with ICS.

I have no reason to care about Apple. For those that use them, good for them, and those that use Android, good for us. Names are just that, names. If you really believe Apple doesn't have problems you are misinformed. EVERY company has problems.

The real question is, what exactly do you hope to achieve with this thread?

roachman55

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I for one, am very happy with every Android device I have had, whether it was running Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb and I'm sure I will be with ICS.

I have no reason to care about Apple. For those that use them, good for them, and those that use Android, good for us. Names are just that, names. If you really believe Apple doesn't have problems you are misinformed. EVERY company has problems.

The real question is, what exactly do you hope to achieve with this thread?

It was posted to see reactions from people about the crazy names they call the OS and to say that they constantly push out new ones with sometimes many problems.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Love Android. I never understood the iphone craze. I bought my daughter a iphone 4s for Christmas because that is what she wanted. For the first time ever I got to play with a iphone and honestly I was board with it in about 30 mins. I still don't understand i guess. As far as code names go, lol who cares.

EVO-LUTION 3D

roachman55

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Love Android. I never understood the iphone craze. I bought my daughter a iphone 4s for Christmas because that is what she wanted. For the first time ever I got to play with a iphone and honestly I was board with it in about 30 mins. I still don't understand i guess. As far as code names go, lol who cares.

EVO-LUTION 3D

My main reason I like the IPhone but will not get one until they come out with a 4 inch + screen is battery life. I have had 3 androids now and I think battery life is bad where my friends with their Iphones do more with and don't have to charge until they are done for the night

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I think my Razr Maxx gets just as good if not better battery life than an iPhone does. Not sure cuz I don't have an iPhone or want an iPhone, so I don't go on iPhone forums asking questions about them and telling people why my Android is better. I like options, so I have Android.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary