Awesome Phone but keeps sliping out of my hand and cant Reach??

Dirtbikemike

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I had a couple earlier Motorola phones and was not happy at all with them , but this phone is worlds better. Only complaint is that it is not very good for one handed operation. It constantly feels like it is falling out of my hand and i have to loosen my grip to reach over to the other side of the phone. any suggestions for a good case that might stay put in my hand??
Thanks

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: Awesome Phone but keeps sliping out of my hand and cant Reach

I know exactly what you mean. I would get one of thos TPU cases. They have good grip and they dont make the phone very bulky. You can get them on Ebay for a few dollars. Unless you want to go with a big dog case like an Otter Box.

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site

If you are right-handed, try to find a case with a cutout for the SD card door. The little ledge it creates for the cutout will give your third finger something to hang on. It won't help with the thumb issue but it's half of the problem solved.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't have an issue at all. My thumb is kept free while my first 3 fingers sit on the back. My pinky sits at the bottom and I never lose grip. Not sure if that's a normal hold, but I started doing it unknowingly and it works.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't have an issue at all. My thumb is kept free while my first 3 fingers sit on the back. My pinky sits at the bottom and I never lose grip. Not sure if that's a normal hold, but I started doing it unknowingly and it works.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Im doing the same thing as i read and type this out. I use a case from a little kiosk in the mall. Its like a otter box knock off kinda but reversed. Its made by Cellairis. Its a silicon skin that a harder but kinda soft exo shell snaps around the full phone. Ill post pics later. Which really the case makes it harder to hang on to cause it's kinda slick.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

invalid_user

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I use the one that came from Verizon with the belt clip and hard case. Feels like rubber but is hard plastic.

I have pretty small hands and I can barely use it one handed. Any bigger and it would be a two hand job:)

Here is a link to the one I have. http://www.daydeal.com/product.php?productid=63937

Last edited:

Dirtbikemike

May 4, 2010
Visit site

WOW, thanks so much for the advice. A friend told me about a case that had a little tab that pulled or flipped out and it allowed for extra support when using the phone one handed. I ordered a silicon case that wraps around the perimeter and that did not seem to help, however it was really cheap and is a bit lose fitting. I also ordered a case with a clip/Kick stand, i will let u know how that works too. thanks again!

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site

I've actually dropped mine a couple times cuz it just slips out...and I have big hands. I ordered a set of four of those TPU cases mentioned above for the Maxx on eBay for like $8. It'll take a month to get here but the price is right. lol

Reactions: Terrigno

Dirtbikemike

May 4, 2010
Visit site

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I love the seidio active cases. The edge grips perfectly and easy to get on and off if you need to get at the SD card. Otterbox Commuter is too tough to get on and off and too slick.

invalid_user

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Just realized. My Hard case from Verizon, The one with the Kickstand. You cannot get to the SD card unless you take off the case. I never do but I might in the future and it might be a pain. Still this is a great case.

nashvegas11

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site

I have seen people mention the difficulty in getting the Otterbox Commuter case on and off. I don't understand why! I have no problem popping it on and off quickly. I don't like how slick the back is though, so I am working with a guy at my shop this week to see if we can score the back 4 or so times, and insert soft rubber that extends a few millimeters or so from the case.

Dirtbikemike

May 4, 2010
Visit site

I just got this case with a built in kick stand. So far it works pretty good, i can grip the phone really well. Just a little cumbersome to open up each time...Does anyone know if there is a phone that is wider then the Razor (not thicker) i want to use the case that fits the razr and slide it in a belt clip, screen face out so when i clip it to the holder on my dash board, the screen is out toward me, but on this holder, i can not face the screen out

invalid_user

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

You can put it in backwards. It is a little tight but if it's for in your car you do not need to slide it all the way down.

Dirtbikemike

May 4, 2010
Visit site

You can put it in backwards. It is a little tight but if it's for in your car you do not need to slide it all the way down.

Thanks but about 3 inches of the phone sticks out of the top and that covers my AC vent and my prim a dona arse needs my cold air...:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463