Major problems with wifi hotspot tethering

UNCMo96

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a rooted razr maxx. I want to tether my ipad to the phone. In the past with my rooted droid x I had no issues with tethering.

However, currently I cannot get the ipad to connect to the internet. It finds the network, connrects, shows the wifi connected symbol but cannot actually surf. In the past I had no issues with tethering this same ipad to my droid x.

I've tried: Foxfi, Barnacle, Open Garden, and even the old Wireless tether app that I used on my droid x and had the same issue and the same thing above keeps occuring. I tried rebooting the phone several times and even tried forgetting networks on the ipad. I also tried this with and without WEP/WPA security.

On the barnacle log I see: DHCP: Failed to parse ---numbers and letters--- for brncl_dhcp_dns2 and then NAT: Could not set MTU of rmneto: Invalid argument.

Of note my wife uses Foxfi on her Charge (nonrooted) with no issues.

This is very puzzling.

Last edited:

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I just installed FoxFi and it worked immediately. I'm typing this on my laptop. My laptop discovered it as a wifi source and I just hit connect. Works like a charm for now. Very pleased! It DOES have an indicated top speed of 5850 kbps. I can live with that...

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Let me try something for you. Might not get to it if my son doesn't go back to sleep right now. Give me a few.

Sent from my Eclipsed Droid RAZR via Tapatalk II

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown