Yahoo mail help please

GingerLanae

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I'm very new to Droid (coming from BB), love it so far but am having difficulties with my email. My primary is Yahoo and I also have a Gmail account. I can't seem to find the correct setting to receive email and notifications of email in real time. Occasionally I will get a notification in real time, but most often I have to access the email program before new emails come in. Please help!

GingerLanae

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I'm using the Yahoo Mail app. The Verizon sales rep told me right away when I bought the phone to download the Yahoo app. I just can't figure out why it is so intermittent with receiving email. Huge problem for me.

GingerLanae

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Just now, I went to my phone, as I thought it strange that I haven't received any emails for awhile. Opened Yahoo Mail, nothing new. Within a few seconds, the new mail came in with the first one being sent over 45 minutes ago.

yoinks

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I think there have been some Yahoo mail issues. I recvd the following on Friday, March 13:

Dear Yahoo! Mail User,

This is regarding your Yahoo! Mail account with the ID xxxxx. At Yahoo!, ensuring the safety and security of your data is important to us, and we know how critical your email is to you. We recently experienced an issue syncing emails for some of our users when accessing email from an IMAP device like an iPhone or an Android phone. Emails that you might have moved from your inbox to folders (including the trash folder) may have been temporarily unavailable. We fixed this issue, and recovered emails that may not have been synced to the right folder.

This is what you can expect to see:

- We have automatically added a folder called "Synced Messages" to your email account today located in the left navigation of your inbox.

- Our systems identified emails that may have been subject to the syncing issue and added them to the "Synced Messages" folder.

This is what you should do:

- Open the "Synced Messages" folder and move any messages you wish to keep to the inbox or your other personal folders.

- After you move the messages you wish to keep, you can delete the remaining messages in "Synced Messages" folder as well as the folder itself. The "Synced Messages" folder will remain in your account until you delete it.

At Yahoo!, we strive to give you the best email experience possible. We apologize that some email was not synced properly, and please know that this issue has been fixed.

If you have any questions, please visit our help pages where you can find more information: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/ymail/known_issues/mltasynciss.html

Kind regards,

The Yahoo! Mail team

gizreh

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello:

we recently purchased a Samsung Note 2 using the android operating system. The yahoo android e-mail app connects fine and displays all of my ATT e-mail folders, unlike the e-mail app that came with the Phablet.

What I need help with is downloading images received as e-mail attachments to the Android GALLERY App. When the image is enlarged the GALLERY Icon with an arrow appears in the upper left corner of the screen. However, when the Icon is pressed the image DOES NOT transfer to the Android GALLERY App. How do I correct this ????

Thanks,

Joe & Sheila Herzig
503 701 6623