Answering incoming call by voice using Elite Flip & Droid RAZR

Cornfyoozed

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Howdy -

I just got (yesterday) a Droid RAZR and an Elite Flip Bluetooth headset to go with it. One of the main reasons I got it was because I saw a friend of mine use his Bluetooth headset with a smart phone (not a Droid) to deal with incoming calls just by saying "answer" or "ignore" without having to touch his phone. I like the hands-free for driving.

So far I have not been able to get the phone to answer incoming calls by saying "answer." I can push the "smart" button on the Elite Flip to dial out by voice, and if a call comes in, I can push the "call" button on the Flip to answer it, but I can't get the phone to answer when I say "answer."

Any ideas?

Type slowly and use small words, please - I'm a noob to smart phones.

Thanks.

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I know on blueant there is an app that helps with the feature u speak of. But sometimes the Bluetooth don't work as well when u try to answer it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

PeninaD

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Re: Answering incoming call by voice using Elite Flip & Droid RAZ

You will need to get the MotoSpeak app installed and set-up. Try Google Play (Android Market).
The set up was painless for me, it recognized the Elite Flip (as well as my Moto T505 car bluetooth, even though that is almost legacy at this point). I only got mine last night, so really have not had an incoming call yet, but so far it works nicely, if with a bit of a delay that someone who has never used a bluetooth before is just not used to yet.

Cornfyoozed

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site

I thought Motospeak was for turning a text into voice and for being able to text by voice. I did download it - I guess I need to play with this thing some more...

Neither the phone nor the Bluetooth earpiece came with much documentation. I guess the days of the 1/2-inch thick manual are gone and they assume you either already know or will just figure it out?

PeninaD

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

It appears that until ICS come through, Gingerbread is the real issue with being unable to use the "Answer/Ignore" on the Flip, at least as per Twanika on the Motorola owners forums.

In addition, she posted that even after the ICS updates, the Elite Flip will still not read out caller names rather than their phone numbers. That is not an acceptable answer to me, and I would love to find a BT3.0 device that will at least read out the caller names that I have in my contacts.
Comment: ICS will work with Motospeak. The caller ID name readout is fixed, but the headset must support it. So this will work with the Motorola CommandOne and Finiti headsets and roadster carkit. When using the Motorola Elite Flip, you will still get the call number readout vs. the caller's name.
I asked, but as yet have not recieved an answer as to why a higher end, BT 3.0 will not be able to accomplish this, and why the firmware cannot be updated through the BT 3.0.

edi73518

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

Got a Jawone ERA. Announces name if listed in your contacts that you enter in the ERA contact list not your phone list.

PeninaD

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

Tried calling Motorola today after I saw that the MotoSPEAK upgrade today did not correct the issues with Caller ID, Voice answer/ignore...and the frequent disconnet/reconnect of the BT connection to the phone... the tech guy didn't exactly answer, but I got the sense that while ICS will not cure all the ills with the Elite Flip and Sliver, at some point there could be a firmware upgrade to the BT headsets.
If only he could have straight out answered.
If anyone else has more information...or wants to try to call Motorola Android Support to see if they can get more info??

PeninaD

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

Anyone here find that when they end a call, their Elite Flip bluetooth disconnects, then reconnects? Mine does it every time, but when I used my Moto T505 (car bluetooth speaker) with My Motospeak, it never happens.

beela

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site

As they say, RTFM! heheheh

You should have the manual, but if not its here.

Joking aside, I was puzzled as well. Bought mine in Coscto, but the voice answer function didnt work. So I looked through the manual, and found out that this function is turned OFF by default!!! No idea why.

Here is the info to enable it:

Settings
make some changes
Press and hold the Call button while turning on the
headset to turn these features on/off:
• Language selection
• Reset to factory default
Caution: This action erases all pairing information
stored in your headset.
• Caller ID
• Voice prompts
• Multipoint (two phone) connections
• NFC on/off
• WBA (Wide-band Audio) on/off
Follow the voice prompts to make changes to the
these settings.

Its an amazing headset!! The best I have ever used. I have a Galaxy Nexus and an iPhone 4S, and there is no "static" on either of them..

I Hope I helped.

Bela:p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae