New RaZR sETUP

BLLade

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Last night I upgraded from the DX to the Razr. I was really tossed between the Razr and the Maxx but for $69 I went with the Razr since I am not a heavy user and almost always have a power source available.
Anyway, I have a couple of questions to ask while reading through the old posts.
I've read that ICS was to be available in April, last night my system updated but it is now only Gingerbread 2.3.6. Did ICS not come out yet? If so is there another way to update to it?
Is there a thread somewhere on using the Smart Actions? Maybe even examples of what others have set up and use?
Lastly, and most importantly, I've installed the apps I used on the Dx and that I currently use on my Transformer Prime Tablet. I need to back up information from my DX to the Razr. I have the BU file saved to the card but when I look for it from the app I can not find it.I can find it when browsing using the "files" app though. Any thoughts why this could be? I did the same install/BU on the Prime without any issues.

androidcore

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I've read that ICS was to be available in April, last night my system updated but it is now only Gingerbread 2.3.6. Did ICS not come out yet? If so is there another way to update to it?
----------- it was RUMORED by Droid-life from a supposed Best Buy leaked image that the RAZR/RAZR MAXX/Rezound was getting ICS 4.0.3 in April. However, the that was not the case. Motorola and Verizon pushed out 181 build for 2.3.6 instead... so... you be the judge... A) Best Buy leak was true but there was a smash-up between Moto and Verizon, like always, so 181 build was made instead---just 1 step closer to ICS.... or B) Best Buy leak was false and made up... Current RUMOR leak image, this time from a supposed Verizon computer, shows RAZR/RAZR MAXX getting ICS 4.0.3 on May 21st.... If yes, then a Motorola Soak test Invite should be getting sent out to the MFN by 5/7-5/10 (now actually! LOL)... and should begin around 5/14 (always a 1 week test before its released to the public). So far... no one has leaked a MFN invite yet. So this may 21 date rumor stuff appears to be going down the rumor drain, like always.... But we'll see... if no one leaks a Soak test invite by 5/14 at the latest, then my hopes for stock ICS 4.0.3 by 5/21 is done with. LMAO

Is there a thread somewhere on using the Smart Actions? Maybe even examples of what others have set up and use?
http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-razr/139690-razrs-top-secret-weapon-smart-actions.html
there are many many more... just go to the search bar above and type in smart actions.

Lastly, and most importantly, I've installed the apps I used on the Dx and that I currently use on my Transformer Prime Tablet. I need to back up information from my DX to the Razr. I have the BU file saved to the card but when I look for it from the app I can not find it.I can find it when browsing using the "files" app though. Any thoughts why this could be? I did the same install/BU on the Prime without any issues.
----------- im clueless on this one.... anyone else have an answer... the only idea i could possibly have is that RAZR/RAZR Maxx has a SD INT (internal media memory) and SD EXT (the actual sd card)... try going to Settings>Storage> and change the default/media sync from media memory to External memory SD card... see if its reads it then.... if not, im still clueless... good luck... sorry

rhought

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
My new RAZR would only show 4 new apps. I know other stuff like contacts had loaded from the SD card but couldn't find my apps. Then I noticed the arrow on the upper left of the apps page. Clicked it and found an apps menu. Clicked on "all apps". Now all my apps are displayed whenever I click the apps button. Don't know if this will solve your problem but thought I'd send it along.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12