Smart actions not paying attention to triggers

Shappy

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a smart action set to be triggered by time and location but it seems to come on no matter where I am if it's the time does anyone have any suggestions on getting this to work correctly?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you touch the actual icon to enable. I made that mistake myself, was wondering why mine wasn't working

Shappy

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I have they seem to be activating randomly now as I can check my phone after midnight and notice they are running but not after 7 pm when they are set to start. I'm using time to start the WiFi and then time and location to turn off the ringer

Anonne

May 3, 2012
Visit site
I noticed this as well. I finally saw an error and it thinks that it does not have permission to use the WiFi and the GPS, when it does.

anon(558804)

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I've been having trouble with Smart Actions since the last OTA update. Used to work perfectly, now it sometimes doesn't run even when all trigger conditions are positive. Takes a reboot to set it right.

milesarch

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Agree with Larrygeary. I have it setfor silent mode at 10pm. At first it would go into silent mode, but would not go out of silent mode at 8am as programmed. I had to set another trigher to turn off silent mode at 8am. This worked fine for months, but after the last update the triggers just stopped working. I also have to reboot the device to clear it.

milesarch

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Agree with larrygeary. I had my razr going into silent mode at 10pm and turning off silent, ode at 8am. It worked fine until last upgrade. Now it requires rebooting every night which seems to miss the point of automation.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I have mine set to go silent at 12am when plugged in, half the time I have to go into smart actions and disable, then re enable it to get it to work

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Same here, silent from 7-4 M-F for work, and audible ringer all other times, including audible all 24 hours on sat and sunday. Seems to have problems with the "not at work" times and then there is no smart action active at all.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
they have never worked as advertised for me. i bit the bullet and bought Juice Defender Plus and i must say, i have noticed twice the battery life. i do highly recommend it. not as good as what Smart Actions could be, but saves my battery. also i think people have been raving about Llama, i personally haven't used it but it is supposedly better than Smart Actions.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I can't for the life of me get any location setting to work in these either. Wish they could fix it, I like smart actions a lot. They seem to be fine with all settings except location triggers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Anonne

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Regarding location, you have to make sure you have wifi and all the location services on to make sure that it works. It's dumb, but yeah. AFAIK, the phone will use Verizon's assisted gps system so keep the vz navigation option enabled. I haven't had many problems with Smart Actions since ICS.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon