Can't views pics after ICS update

steelnucs

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Greetings, all -

I got the ICS update this weekend. Have read other concerns about battery draining faster, I definitely am experiencing that...

Other concern was that the My Gallery app now stops working when I try to view My library and I am unable to see the pics in there. I can see them other ways but none are as convenient as that was.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm... Not having any troubles. I would try a hard reset (Vol down + Power) and if that doesn't work, maybe even a factory data reset. That seems to cure most ills that are not a wide spread known issue.

steelnucs

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your reply.

Tried the hard reset, didn't seem to do much besides turn the power on and off - maybe not doing it right (sorry, haven't had to do a reset before).

Factory data reset sounds serious - how is it done and what info will I lose if I do it?
Thanks

revwill

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
After a factory data reset you will lose everything. It will be just like taking a new phone out of the box and turning it on for the first time.

I had serious battery drain when I switched from my Droid X to my RAZR. Turns out I needed to format my SD card. I just backed everything up to my desktop, formatted the SD card, restored the essentials (like my Angry Birds progress backup files) and I was good to go.

Wonder if something similar is happening since your ICS upgrade?

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Are you using the OTA version of ics. Or a leaked version. By ota I am referring to receiving it ota and not a version someone said was ota

d.schulte

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I too am having the same issue with My Gallery app stopping when I try to view my library. Also, I can't get to my albums or create an album. I can view my pics from camera roll, but that isn't as convenient as looking in a specific album for a pic.

steelnucs

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I have the OTA version.

Finally had to do a factory reset - somewhat of a pain, but it worked. Had pics, music, etc. backed up so it wasn't too bad. Apps and internet favorites came back also.
Thanks for the responses.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
For the people having an issue with not being able to see your pics after the upgrade: Did you set "Data encryption" under the Security settings prior to the update? If so then your Pics and all of the data was encrypted and that could have been the issue.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Try downloading the app quick pic. It is a gallery replacement and is million times better than the stock gallery app anyway. Try it and see if it works

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Sillemik68

Sillemik68

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
For the people having an issue with not being able to see your pics after the upgrade: Did you set "Data encryption" under the Security settings prior to the update? If so then your Pics and all of the data was encrypted and that could have been the issue.

I'm having the same issue, but I did not have Data Encryption enabled prior to the ICS update.
When I select My Gallery, and then My Library I get a message "Unfortunately, My Gallery has stopped. "OK" is the only selection/option available. When I select "OK", it goes back to the home screen.
Any one find a solution for this problem, yet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair