My Ice Cream Sandwich Melted

Sandylove

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Went to work this morn and before I left car noticed I was ready for ICS download, phone almost dead so I plugged into car charger clicked the update and threw phone up on dash. well the Florida sun and a big download and guess what what phone melted and drained my car battery, so at lunch a friend took me to Verizon and they said the phone shorted for some reason and it even cracked the front glass, what a day now AAA is out there getting car going. New phone being shipped and I'm going to the bar. No more Ice cream Sandwiches for me

menelfloss

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Woah,...
Jeepers, that is no way to start a day. Hope things go smoothly for you from here on out.
ICS is really great your gonna love it. Something cold should not ever get that hot.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Sun = Heat, Download (279 meg) = Heat, Charging = Heat.... 3 heat sources = bad ju ju.. and if you left your phone charging while your car was off is not the best choice. either way I bet the heat cause the short to happen.

roachman55

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Wow hot everywhere and sorry you have to wait for new phone and ICS but I didn't even get a message yet here in Detroit area. Go get drunk Sandy and I will do the same

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Our power went out a couple of months ago and I went out to my car to charge my Razr up as it was really low. It only took 10 minutes to drain the battery of the car. I figured I had more time than that.

Not so much.

jax_droid

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Bottom line, it sucks charging from the car. It takes forever and the phone gets super HOT... I got the update today and my battery isn't lasting very long but that was with driving around town with GPS on looking at houses to buy. ICS is awesome we'll see how the battery doors tomorrow on a normal day. The wife has a white RAZR and hasn't gotten the update, she's super jelly right now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC