ICS Slows Everything+ No VZW Contact

sunads

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Since ICS update I've had nothing but issues...
1. Phone takes a while to open many apps and do basic functions. Major lag on everything.
2. I cannot send emails. They just sit in my out box
3. Missing some push emails
4. Keep getting "Background Data Restricted" error message
I tried calling VZW support but keeps saying my call did not go through. I've tried *611 plus dialed the 800# from a land line and nothing seem to work. What a Monday I'm having.

sunads

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Finally got vzw on the phone. I'm being told "we are aware of all the issues & planning to send out a patch soon". Of course in the middle of the conversation the call drops! Go figure...

Loki0402

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Since ICS update I've had nothing but issues...
1. Phone takes a while to open many apps and do basic functions. Major lag on everything.
2. I cannot send emails. They just sit in my out box
3. Missing some push emails
4. Keep getting "Background Data Restricted" error message
I tried calling VZW support but keeps saying my call did not go through. I've tried *611 plus dialed the 800# from a land line and nothing seem to work. What a Monday I'm having.

I am having all of these issues as well. Every app is closing on me and giving me errors... constantly getting background data restricted notification, phone is laggy

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

robfu

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to ask but how do you reset? I am having the same issues. Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

sunads

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Hold power button & volume down button simultaneously until phone powers off. I've done it several times but still having issues.

Reactions: robfu

wzm108it

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I thought about doing a full reset but it's a pain to reset everything. Download all the apps and get all the screens where I had them. That's one thing I did like about the iPhone. If you get a new phone or anything it syncs all the settings and apps just like it was on the old phone BUT has a fresh OS install.

BryEDS

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
For the people who are getting the notification about background data restricted, did you check your smart actions to make sure none of them are automatically turning off your data?

phatboy29m

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
That was my problem. Smart Actions was disabling Background Data. I was annoyed at first until I realized what was actually happening.

lowboydrvr

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I thought about doing a full reset but it's a pain to reset everything. Download all the apps and get all the screens where I had them. That's one thing I did like about the iPhone. If you get a new phone or anything it syncs all the settings and apps just like it was on the old phone BUT has a fresh OS install.

I agree doing a factory reset is a pain but at least now you can do screen shots so that you can get everything back (at least location wise) to the way it was prior to the reset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37