Case-Mate DIY Droid Razr Case Review

Lemonheater

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Thought I would post a quick review and image of the most recent accessory for my Droid Razr, the Case-Mate DIY case. This is a custom case design that you can do at: Premium Smartphone Cases, Tablet Cases & Accessories | Case-Mate

For those that are tired of really boring case designs, with flat and basic colors, I strongly suggest checking it out. The Razr is a big phone, so I grew old of the same black cases that you could buy for the Razr, so I thought I would check this out.

Basically, at case-mate.com, you begin by selecting the "Barely There" DIY case option for the Razr. Here, you have a few pre-set designs you can choose with multiple photos. My recommendation: download or create a design with a high resolution. Wallpapers work really well here.

I decided to go with a wallpaper of my favorite hockey player, Claude Giroux of the Flyers. The wallpaper is really high res, so it worked great. On the site, note that for a wallpaper style image you upload, you will want the image to "bleed" off the edges, as this what is printed on the sides and wraps around the edges.

The end result? Fantastic. It fits just like a regular back cover case with decent coverage, but unlike the standard barely there case option from Case-Mate, it is a gloss finish instead of a Matte. The ink is laminated with a gloss so ink does not flake off and you cannot scratch the case easily.

The case runs $35 bucks, which is pricey, but for your own custom case with your own design? Its awesome. Recommended to any Razr owner!

Reactions: anon(2953)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers