keyboard disappearing while typing??

dankman911

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Just started today.

Mid text, while typing, the keyboard part of the screen will just disappear back to the bottom of the screen.

touch it to type again and it takes like 10-15 seconds to reappear, type a few more words and it drops back down again.

REALLY annoying!

Anyone else have a simmilar issue??

..on ICS

androidcore

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
not on ICS or gingerbread on Razr..... but it did happen to me 2 years ago on my old Droid X when i was using a 3rd party keyboard... found out the keyboard app was faulty after an app update.. wiped its data and cache... uninstalled it... rebooted phone... reinstalled it... walla.. issue was fixed...

if you issue is with the stock keyboard... then I suggest you wipe its cache in "manage apps" section... reboot phone... and see if that helps... or get OneClick Cleaner and did it ALL (all caches) in 1 click. :)

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
How are h typing that it is disappearing? If ur typing landscape mode. Maybe ur accidentally Pressing the back button.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

dankman911

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
yeah, thought that too but it's definitly the phone itself.

Did some googling @ work and saw some other people w/ razrs having the same issue on other forums. Server blocks most of them, gotta check @ home.

what a pain in the a$$ it is though. Start typing a text, get a few words in, the thing freeses for a sec disappears and then takes like 15-20 seconds to pop back up?!

hope they release an update soon :-(

What are some good keyboard apps you all use I could in the meantime??

Thx

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I sometimes have a problem where i will be typing away but nothing shows up on the screen. As if the words wont input. I have to get out of the app im typing in and restart it again.

Optid

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I use SwiftKey 3 and I've never had a problem on GB or ICS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

jkoerner2

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
yes, I have same thing on nook tablet, running jellybean.
keyboard very slow to appear or fails altogether to appear when I click in a text entry field. If it does finally appear then it may disappear for no reason while trying to input something. maybe it will come back, maybe not. makes tablet virt. unusable. Thumb keybd, or Swift, or default keybd, doesn't matter.

A separate issue -?- browser often just poof disappears, back to desktop. I go back to browser, now all tabs gone.

JB is my first experience with android. so far I hate it. hate hate hate it.
Is ICS better? or gingivitisbread?

I should have stuck with nook simple touch, read good, intelligent books, & forget this tablet stupidity

Only a few things running but almost no memory left - don't know if this is specific to nook or not
will these ever be fixed?
how why do people put up with this crap?
brainwashed by TV and George bush I guess to think after 911 they should invade Iraq and go buy stuff to be happy. Nobody dare notice or say that it's all crap - the Emperor's new clothes for 21st century.... Stupid little brain dead consumers.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
What the hell are you blabbing about? If you wanted a real tablet your first issue was getting a nook. Those, and the kindles, and the most water downed android tablets you could ever own. You would be better off with a box of rocks honestly. Don't blame android because of your experience with a poor cheap tablet that is only designed for reading, not anything else.

Don't even know what you're talking about George Bush blah blah.

Try posting in a nook thread maybe you can get answers, instead of bumping a 6 month old thread, jeez people look at the dates before you post:banghead:

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

cdicesare2002

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
yes, I have same thing on nook tablet, running jellybean.
keyboard very slow to appear or fails altogether to appear when I click in a text entry field. If it does finally appear then it may disappear for no reason while trying to input something. maybe it will come back, maybe not. makes tablet virt. unusable. Thumb keybd, or Swift, or default keybd, doesn't matter.

A separate issue -?- browser often just poof disappears, back to desktop. I go back to browser, now all tabs gone.

JB is my first experience with android. so far I hate it. hate hate hate it.
Is ICS better? or gingivitisbread?

I should have stuck with nook simple touch, read good, intelligent books, & forget this tablet stupidity

Only a few things running but almost no memory left - don't know if this is specific to nook or not
will these ever be fixed?
how why do people put up with this crap?
brainwashed by TV and George bush I guess to think after 911 they should invade Iraq and go buy stuff to be happy. Nobody dare notice or say that it's all crap - the Emperor's new clothes for 21st century.... Stupid little brain dead consumers.

Really? A nook (I have one because I love to read) is okay for a quick email check or maybe social network but is NOT like any real android Tablet. Like said, watered down most basic android experience.

As for the rest of your post I'm sorry Bush put a gun to your head and made you buy stuff to feel better. I do feel lucky they didn't do that to me but I'm so sorry that happened to you.

Sammi Timms

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
omg yes this is happening to my phone recently(Sony Xperia SP), only the pass week and its frustrating the hell out of me, i can no longer text people. i don't know whether i should be going back to the shop i brought it from /t-mobile. or this is something actually wrong with the android software that they haven't been informed about!! and to the various comments i have read, no it is not because we are accidentally pressing the 'back' button lol....it takes 10-15 seconds to reappear the keyboard and pressing the damn screen god knows how many times, i could throw my phone right now!!!
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

joecaloric

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
This has started happening to me too. Tried a hard reset, but this has not fixed the problem (perhaps the issue was restored when I restored my backup). I'll try wiping caches.

Danny Painter

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Just started today.

Mid text, while typing, the keyboard part of the screen will just disappear back to the bottom of the screen.

touch it to type again and it takes like 10-15 seconds to reappear, type a few more words and it drops back down again.

REALLY annoying!

Anyone else have a simmilar issue??

..on ICS

I have been having the same problem. Also I have been having trouble with the game opting me out a lot.

Yvonne Bergeron

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I have an LG Stylo. I looked and did all kinds of stuff I food on-line, nothing worked then I ended up holding the turn off button for 10 seconds and then let the phone reboot, all is fine, it fixed the key board....yeahhhhh.

Donsense41

May 26, 2016
Visit site
Using ios 9.3.2 and the keyboard appears on one IPad (with a Zaag keyboard) and not at all with the other one bought 6 weeks earlier. Both are Late 2014 models. On :cool::cool::cool:one i have a choice of virtual or real keyboard ...on the other none ( actually the first time i opened it the keyboard appeared for username but disappeared when i tried to enter password....never to be seen again on Second Ipad.
Bummer. And no they werent cheap.